MADMAN ACROSS THE WATER

buddy

Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:30 pm

This was one of the first lessons I saw Neil teach on Youtube before I joined up. It still has a few rough edges, and I am still working at it, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated to help me move it along. I missed a few of the harmonics at the end.

Thanks,

Bud

BobR

Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:58 pm

Bud,

I don't know if it just my Internet connection, but the video seems to keep buffering making it kinda hard to view. I'll check it later.

Bob

MarkM

Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:21 am

Bud,

That was pretty good stuff. Seems like you have most of the chords down. I know your just starting this but the only suggestion I would make is the tempo. I can tell which sections you are most comfortable with vs the ones your not. Maybe keep the time at the pace you started the song and play at that speed the whole way through until your confident in the more tricky parts. Other than that I really liked it. I haven't tried it yet as I knew it was going to be pretty difficult. Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

Lavallee

Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:16 am

Bud, I think the song is coming out nicely, in progress but almost there. I agree for the tempo. I noticed though that sound seems to be saturated a bit when when you do heavy strumming (like if all the notes are all coming together and loosing the sound clarity). Maybe you could try to lower the recording level. I am no specilist by far.

Marc

buddy

Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:41 pm

Marc,

I think you might be right on this, I may have had the amp to close to the mic.

Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic