Bad Moon Rising - With Vocals

timgen

Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:29 pm

[video][/video]

Hey still working on this, think the problem is the built in webcam on isight is mirrored, I'm going to switch to imovie so that should fix videos from now on. (I really do play right handed)

Accidentaly labled it wrong on Youtube, don't mind that. =p

jayswett

Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:38 pm

Very solid all around. Audio/video quality were good, the guitar was great, and the singing very impressive. I know this song only vaguely, but two technical guitar related issues that might improve things are:

1) vary the strumming pattern a bit more. I noted that you did some of that during the performance, but perhaps a bit more variation might make the guitar portion seem less monotonouus.

2) Not sure if this would be appropriate for this particular song, but some base note plucking in addition to the chord strumming might also enhance the piece a bit.

Nice post. Some better, more informed recommendations/comments are sure to follow. Well done.

neverfoundthetime

Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:59 pm

There you go Tim, another voice out of the closet! Well done. Love that CCR and you did a good job. Man, do you have long arms, or that the camera perspective?! :-)

tovo

Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:16 pm

Hi Tim good job. I agree with the guys, I think it's coming along very well, there were large sections when you had a really good groove going and only small parts where it didn't flow as quite as well, but as you said it's a work in progress, and it's progressing just fine. Thanks for the look.

BobR

Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:37 pm

Hi Tim,

Good job. As you said a work in progress. Look forward to a future post. Thanks for posting.

Bob

Lavallee

Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:42 pm

Hi Tim, your video looks quite good. You seem to have a good time and it reflects in your playing. Nice voice too.

Marc

d_dog

Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:25 pm

Great job Tim! I agree with Jay's tips about varying the strumming pattern. I haven't followed this lesson, but I belive there are some skipped "up" or "and" strokes in there.
But really nice strumming overall and rhythm.
The mirror Photo Booth thing is a real pain, you could stand in front of a mirror and point the webcam at the mirror? hahaha really though, if you take that video and open it in iMovie you can then "flip" the video.

Nice work.

cosmicmechanic

Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:57 pm

Really nice to see this, good rhythm overall and you did well singing.

Looking forward to more posts.

MarkM

Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:44 am

Tim,

Nice job with this song!! You have a nice steady strum going and the singing was very good as well. What did you have the mike plugged into? I would add to what Jay said in that some change in the strum pattern would help. Maybe a bit more on the bass strings. I haven't looked at this lesson in a while so I don't have much more to add. Really nice job though. I enjoyed it very much.

MarkM

BigBear

Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:13 am

Tim- very nice job! I still don't understand why these camcorders flip the image; weird.

Only suggestion is work on your hand position. You are using the dreaded "baseball bat" grip that Neil is death on. It's a bad habit that we've all learned and need to break. I'm guilty as charged but starting to recover. It doesn't matter as much on songs like this one but on more challenging pieces it will really become limiting. Keep your thumb on the back of the neck, not over the top of it!

I'm a terrible singer but I've taken some lessons and know that you are mouth singing. Try to learn to sing from your diaphragm. This will give your otherwise fine voice more depth and especially remain stronger throughout the song. The longer you sang the weaker your voice became; a sure sign of mouth singing!

Thanks again for a great video!

Cheers! :cheer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic