DADDAD by Mark

Craig

Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Wow Mark, that was really great. I appreciate you sharing that. I really enjoyed listening to it. You are very good. Please keep posting and inspiring me to improve.
Craig

cosmicmechanic

Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:30 pm

Mark, for a while there, I thought I was logged on to "Totally SITARS" :side:

Very interesting and enjoyable video there.

Some of these chord progressions, or variations of them, would fit really well into
playing some of the Beatles' sitar-based or sitar-like songs by George Harrison.

It may be worth listing some of these Harrison songs and the Beatles album to remind TG members of them.
I dunno, maybe someone would enjoy experimenting with them?

- The Inner Light (Past Masters Volume Two, was originally B-side to "Lady Madonna" single)

- Love You To (Revolver)

- Within You, Without You (Sergeant Pepper)

- It's All Too Much (Yellow Submarine)

Pierre

d_dog

Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:03 am

Mad skills Mark. Love your experimental "hey what would this sound like" style. Bravo man. You seem to have a well educated, deductive reasoning, common sense ability about music. I don't know what makes me say that, just a vibe. If this, then this, kind of thing.
Ok enough psycho babble, nice to see your posts, great stuff.

mark

Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:50 am

Lavallee wrote:
Were you jamming (creating new phrases from new chord as you go along)or you do have a sequence that you have developped and interchange?
Hi Marc

What I've tried to do is have a song that I can jam with. In this case 4+20 is the basis and whenever I run out of ideas I can go back to that.
I then make up some 1 or 2 bar licks that sound ok. Doesn't need to be anything fancy or difficult, just something that sounds okay. I always write these down in Guitar pro (or I would have forgotten them by the next day).

When I play the song I mix up all the licks in whatever order they come out. Some seem to naturally follow others but they could come out in any order.
So most of what I'm playing I've played before, but some of the licks come out a bit different each time.
It's good to try and play them differently as that's the way you make up new licks.

Lavallee

Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:09 am

Thanks Mark, appreciate your explanation. The magic of improvisation is the management of previous work that is creatively put together. Like good solos are many months of scale practicing and good knowledge of chord theory. People like you that produce very good material are hard worker with creativity and you sure deserve the good comments you are getting. You are an example to follow

Marc

cosmicmechanic

Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:53 am

Very very nice! And I'm curious, if this was 7 months ago, and you did very welll, how are you doing now then?? ;)

drfuji

Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:52 pm

WOW!!! First time I have watched this...Loved it.....I would also like to hear how this has advanced in 7 months...Give us somemore..

mark

Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:07 am

drfuji wrote:
WOW!!! First time I have watched this...Loved it.....I would also like to hear how this has advanced in 7 months...Give us somemore..
Hi Drfuji and nesh
Thanks for your interest.
Truth is I haven't touched this or the DADDAD tunning since shortly after doing this video.

This was an important bit of music for me as it was the first time I had used different fingers on the right hand when playing melodies on the same string. A technique that I know use on other songs.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic