DADDAD by Mark

mark

Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:41 am

I added this video into the blogs as well.

It shows what I have managed to learn about the daddad tuning.
I've been experimenting with using different right hand fingers to play the notes when there are consecutive notes on the same string.
I'm pretty new to this but there are many possibilities.

MarkM

Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:26 am

Mark,

That was great!!! I understand what you mean about this tuning. It can be quite addictive once you go down this path. So many possibilities which you demonstrated so well.I like how you showed hitting the same string in your picking pattern. That is something that I need to work on and can use this as a bit of a tutorial. Other than that I quite enjoyed this while having a cup of coffee and it just reminded me that I need to get back to this tuning in the next day or so as I've neglected it for a while. Thanks for sharing this performance. Very inspiring.

MarkM

AcousticAl

Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:12 am

Very enjoyable, mark.

Off to read your blog now..

Lavallee

Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:14 am

Mark this is really interesting. Were you jamming (creating new phrases from new chord as you go along)or you do have a sequence that you have developped and interchange? I really like the constant base line alternating the fine string and having the melody on both. You are getting closer to play wish you were here as Neil played in his play through.

Experimentations are inspiring to not limit ourself to a single way of playing. The whole sounds very good, starting from a known song into unknown territory.

Your guitar sounds really good, what is it.

Marc

izzyhara

Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:34 am

This tuning is really fun, and I did a similar thing to you when I first tuned my guitar to DADDAD. I learned the TG songs associated with it, and then just kind of wandered off into other things, like you did here. Thanks for sharing..... Fun stuff !!

dekotaj

Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:17 am

Mark,

Really enjoyed watching you do that jam.Looks like you were having a lot of fun.

Kevin

jayswett

Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:28 am

Stephen Stills himself could learn something from that.

BobR

Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:50 pm

Mark,

I really enjoyed that a lot. DADADAD is a cool tuning( I need more guitars :laugh: ). You also seem very comfortable with your finger picking. Nicely done.

Thanks for posting it.

Bob

tovo

Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:40 pm

Mark that was great, really nice. Thanks for the look.

BigBear

Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:08 pm

Mark my friend, you are one hell of a guitar player! That was terrific, something that Stephen Stills did all the time by taking a tuning, or song, and then wandering out to explore where it took him. You made it look so effortless.

You are really inspring to players like me that can play 4+20 pretty easily but haven't really explored much beyond the basic song. I'm now excited to go try some different things to see what I can come up with.

Fantastic job! When is your album coming out? :cheer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic