DRIVE FIRST TAKE

buddy

Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:26 pm

When I heard Neil's lesson yesterday on Drive it was the first time I had heard this song I just had try it. Warning, this is in very rough shape but I wanted to post it anyways to get some pointers and tips to improve it.

It was very tough for me to keep the rhythm going on this and to coordinate the vocals as well. Any tips or help on improving this would be greatly appreciated. I know it needs a lot more work and practice but I wanted to correct any bad habits before I went on with it.

Thanks,

Bud

tovo

Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:33 pm

Only tip I have Buddy is keep practicing the tune and polish it up because it highlights your impressive voice very well in my opinion. If anything, I thought you needed to back off the vocals a little to give the performance a bit more intimacy. Your voice is so strong I felt it overpowered the guitar by quite a way. I think you are on your way to a very impressive number in your kit-bag so I would encourage you to keep at it. Love that song. Cheers mate.

nemastetaylor

Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:57 pm

Hey so far so good. I think it sounds good. I agree with T. to back off on the voice alittle to hear the guitar more. I am impressed with the playing and singing at the same time. You will see me post this to those so talented to do so. Good job. I was just watching Neil's video on the song and I think I will try it too. For me, without the vocals since I am not that coordinated.

Nemaste

stratman3

Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:52 am

Buddy,
Not bad,not bad at all. For a rough draft, nicely done, I just started on this song myself, I have alwayed love this song. I have to agree with Tovo, back off on the voice, a little, this is kind of a distressed, needs a little softer approach. But nice job.

Gary B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic