Tears In Heaven by McFingers

TGNeil

Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:15 pm

OK, Here is my second video upload. Unfortunately, I am still appearing as being left-handed. My internal video camera in my iMac won't flip videos so you all get to enjoy the left-handed stylings of Mr. Reverse a.k.a. McFingers.
BTW, I just put new strings on my Taylor 414 and I hate them. They were custom light Elixir nanowebs and they are too light and they buzz like crazy. I am off the the music store tomorrow to get some regular lights. I would put mediums on but Taylor recommends the light on this guitar.
OK Enough rambling, on to the song. I have been working on this song for a couple of years off and on. I picked it up by ear and through the use of a Eric Clapton songbook that had tabs. It was the first and only song I have every used tabs to learn. Anyway, here it is, complete with a few mistakes and I completely pooched the ending. I actually improvised the ending because I forgot were I was in the song. Lame excuse but there it is.

Thanks for viewing and please (and I know you will) leave comments or suggestions. I have a very thick skin so please be as honest as you wish.
Cheers,
Steve

[video type=youtube][/video]

beaker

Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:43 pm

More on this song in the near future..... Oh Yeah!

mcfingers

Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:02 pm

Thanks Neil, I really appreciate your positive instruction style. I am definitely going to work on improving my left hand position, though I have to admit that I am going to miss being described as having a "pyrotechnic mumbo-jumbo" style of playing. :laugh:
Oh well, I guess we all have to give up something to become better.
Kidding aside, many thanks for your response and helpful tips. I definitely got my money's worth again this month.

Steve

Chasplaya

Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:58 pm

I guess those who watch Clapton playing this try and copy his method as he use the thumb for the bass notes a lot, hey maybe he should join TG!! Clapton once said in an interview he enjoys surfing the net and joins various sites but he didn't reveal what name he uses , he could already be here. Me I try and use both ways but Neils way is easier.

sbutler

Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:23 pm

Hot dog!!! Now were talkin. I can't wait Neil.

Scott Butler

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic