4 + 20 by Jay

TGNeil

Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:25 pm

I've been meaning to learn this song ever since the Target Lesson appeared, and managed to learn it today as my wife, for Valentines Day, took the kids to their various activities to let me play guitar all day. So I've spend the better part of the day on this. It's not exactly as Neil teaches in the lesson, but it's close enough. A sad song, to be sure. I still can't sing and play concurrently, so I used the PIP technique. I used AVS to create the video, and this had a learning curve of its own. As always, I'd love to hear any suggestions as far as improvement.

[video type=youtube][/video]

Below is an update, with the emphasis on simultaneous playing and singing. There are some audio issues that I have not yet figured out, but I was most interested in demonstrating an effort to sing and play at the same time. It's been pointed out before that it's not easy, and I agree with that sentiment.

michelew

Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:40 pm

There are so many take home messages in this response. Thanks.

AcousticAl

Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:53 pm

Thanks for this, both Jay and Neil. Great tips on singing and playing at the same time!!

Lavallee

Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:03 am

Great playing video and response. I have to try this idea of strumming the chord instead of fingerpicking to learn the song. Jay, your playing is getting so good, Neil only has congratulations for you, must be very motivating.

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic