DRIVE TAKE 2 - work in progress

buddy

Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:02 pm

Gary, thanks for the feedback and I am looking forward to your future videos.

Izzy, Thanks for the tips and the encouragement.

Jay, I don't know if it is courage or insanity :laugh: but I figure this is what TG is all about, putting it all out their and letting others help us along. This is really a kick in the pants for me since I have not played guitar for to long and just recently started singing again.

Bob, Thank you also for the kind words of encouragement.

Thanks also to anyone that I missed as well.

Hope I am not driving anyone crazy with this project ( other than my darling and ever understanding wife) More takes to follow on this.

Bud

Lavallee

Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:09 pm

Hi Buddy, this is better balance on the the voice guitar level, good improvement. Definetely a tough song to sing and keeping that beat and you are giving it justice. I was watching the play through from Neil and incubus' video, and I would like to suggest to balance a bit more you treble and bass sound. Right now we are hearing the high pitch strings and the bass note are very faint giving less impact to the percussion sound of the bass. I normally lower the high pitch notes to the minimum and crank to the top the bass level on the guitar equilizer to overcome that. Just a thought.

Marc

buddy

Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:10 am

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the observation and I can hear what you are describing. This must be the mic I am using because I did not have the guitar plugged in when I did this take. I will check the settings on the mic or switch to the acoustic electric guitar next time and see if that changes things.

Take care,

Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic