Michele jumping out of the TG singing closet - ready or not - Bring on the Wonder

AndyT

Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:33 pm

Michelle,

I had posted a nice long discussion of your singing and my browser went ape. So, I'll summarize. Great job! Your voice and nervousness fit the song perfectly. Very nice.

rapsidy

Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:34 am

Hi Michele

Im new, so cant give u any advice as Im only beginner, but i have an opinion :)

that sounded great and if you told me that was the first time you sung I wouldnt have believed it. I hope you have stop shaking, but I must admit singing in public or with friends is just so hard, i think its the fear of failure, but your voice sounded great so keep on going

Brad

BigBear

Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:10 pm

Michele- I'm late responding to your video but all I can say is I wish I could sing as well as you do! Beautiful rendition of this song.

You don't have one of those really high, sweet soprano voices. Yours is maybe more a mezzo-soprano. I can think of dozens of songs that your voice would be just perfect for. You kind of remind me of Joan Baez if you know of her.

You should be excited that you have so much potential as a singer and guitar player. And stop being so hard on yourself, you're doing fantastic!! We're all your fans!

Cheers! :cheer:

michelew

Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:01 pm

Thanks everyone.

Bear - I do have to learn to lighten up on myself. It's been lovely being told that I have a nice voice and lots of potential. I do intend to practice and to get over the performance anxiety - by hook or by crook. I bet you can sing beautifully and just need the right encouragement to show it to us or the right encouragement to let it out. I do feel like I've developed a lot since being at TG. I definitely didn't expect that I'd be singing. That's one of the reasons I post - to see over time how I've improved, it's also a hell of an incentive to practice. THanks for the encouragement and support.

Brad - thanks - as I beginner or recent beginner (I really don't know what I am level-wise) I'm happy to tell you that there is HEAPS of material here for you to learn and that you'll improve more and faster than you ever expected to. Thanks

Andy - it's a shame that the long discussion got stolen by the mischief fairies. Thanks for the sweet praise - and maybe that's the trick - find a song that needs nervousness to bring out the emotion....hmmm...

Gary - Thanks Gary - it is scary stuff. If it wasn't for the supportive nature of this community i wouldn't have even attempted it.

Mike - thanks - maybe I need to find a confidence hat - must ask Tony and Dennis if it has worked for them.

MJ - Own worst critic, yep you're spot on. I'm not sure that I saw that thread. TG is definitely expanding my limits - and you all are a large part of that. Thanks.

Michele

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic