Michele jumping out of the TG singing closet - ready or not - Bring on the Wonder

neverfoundthetime

Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:41 am

Wow! Michele, that was really, really good! Fantastic job! Very touching performance. So you've been taking singing lessons in the closet then? ;-). We need more of that. A big welcome to the out-of-the-closet-singers-club! Missed your stairwell!

mark

Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:03 am

Really good voice.

As Chas it has a very strong Old English Folk sound to it.
There are so many songs that your voice would suit

dennisg

Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:52 am

Michele,

There are so many things I love about this performance that I'm going to sound like a gushing teenager. But here goes:

1. I know that singing is a big scary monster, and I'm so appreciative that you took the leap. I'm in awe of your courage.
2. Your picking was beautiful, as always -- precise, deliberate, and uniquely yours.
3. I thought the brief change to the song's time signature, in the instrumental interlude, was perfect and helped to add variety and added interest to the song.
4. There's a beautiful melancholy quality to your alto voice I can only describe as Dusty Springfield-ish ("Son of a Preacher Man"). You might consider looking at some of her songs.
5. I could listen to you play and sing all day long.
6. If I were sitting in an Irish pub right now, I'd be wondering what the hell I was doing in Ireland in the winter, and why I didn't choose the Bahamas instead.

izzyhara

Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:52 am

Oh Michele. That was wonderful. I loved the different styles on the guitar part - sometimes all picking, and then that cool upwards strum. And then your voice !!! This was all so perfect for your debut - the song suited your voice very well, and so much feeling. You have a great voice and I am starting to think maybe the girls should do some singing together. Your playing is so good.... man I am just so excited and impressed. I think the universe pushed you to post that so that you could release your friend Izzy from her funk. And it worked !!! Beautiful Michele... really super nice. Iz

Catman

Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:11 am

Michele, a great debut!

I think you are your own harshest critic. That was good, and I expect the next one that we are all looking forward to will be even better.

David

willem

Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:51 am

izzyhara wrote:
Oh Michele. That was wonderful. I loved the different styles on the guitar part - sometimes all picking, and then that cool upwards strum. And then your voice !!! This was all so perfect for your debut - the song suited your voice very well, and so much feeling. You have a great voice and I am starting to think maybe the girls should do some singing together. Your playing is so good.... man I am just so excited and impressed. I think the universe pushed you to post that so that you could release your friend Izzy from her funk. And it worked !!! Beautiful Michele... really super nice. Iz

Iz, that would be nice a GIRL band...

dekotaj

Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:19 am

BRAVO!!!Michele,BRAVO!!!

My friend,I knew you were a good singer.Don't ask me how but I just had a feeling you were a good singer.And now that we know you can play & sing.I can't wait to see what you will entertain us with next.BRAVO my friend,it was beautiful.

Kevin

suziko

Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:52 pm

Michele,

Wow. I am stunned. I loved your voice so much in this song- its slightly husky quality and the trace of your wonderful accent peaking through now and then. This is not a song I knew but your rendition of it was so beautiful and moving that I am now going to go find it and learn how to play it. I didn't want to read what everyone else wrote, because I didn't want it to affect what I thought of your song. But I did notice that you included the words and chords which, thank you for that.

Lastly, two words: more, please.

RicksPick

Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:50 pm

Hi Michele

Thank you

I just got in from a long hard day at work to find your debut
Now I'm feeling better

Go Girl, what a debut, a little nervous but what a voice you have
And that's not just being nice, It is so good, I'm staggered. :ohmy:

Here's looking to some more
Simply beautiful

Rick

michelew

Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:47 pm

Wow - thanks everyone. It is no nice to get up and read everyone's responses. I think there's a little exaggerating going on, but it's all nice to hear and I'm sure will encourage me to sing more.

Jay - I take it as a huge compliment that you liked the picking and chord formation - you play sooo nicely.

Chris - You are definitely someone that inspired me to sing, so thank you. Yes I need to get a better back drop. As it happens the rest of the room is really colourful.

Mark - I never realise that my voice had a folk sound - which a few people have said in their responses - I do really like folk songs so that may be why.

Dennis - thanks! - I know I sound like a broken record, but your singing, your enthusiasm for getting others to join in and well I don't have the words but the joy that you project (that's not the complete picture) all have inspired and encouraged me to give it a go. And Dusty is a legend and a lesbian icon so being compared to her is pretty cool. I'm not sure where the Irish pub thing came from...if I was singing in an Irish pub, I'd be thinking 'how the hell did I get here'.

Izzy - so glad to have helped you out of your funk, the emotion was probably assisted in large part by the shaking and the 'oh shit, oh shit, oh shit' feeling in my belly. Girl band - interesting...

David - you've probably got a point there.

Kevin and Rick - thanks!

I'm rushing a little now sorry as I need to get ready for work.

Suzi - you - sweet woman - are one of the recent courageous closet jumpers that helped me out into the light. If only we lived close enough to actually jam together and form Izzy's Girl band (Izzy and Tammy you'll to move too). Now that would be fabulous!! It is a beautiful song and easy to learn. I think you'll like it. It is by Susan Egan (in collaboration with Sarah McLaughlin) - you'll find it on the Bone (TV series) sound track.

Well that was a marathon response.

Thanks everyone - posting videos is sooo rewarding - it is such a nice treat once you get through the scary stuff.

Michele

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic