Michele jumping out of the TG singing closet - ready or not - Bring on the Wonder

michelew

Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:40 pm

I was inspired to learn this song by Buddy's beautiful rendition of this gorgeous song. Thanks for that Buddy and for providing me with the chord progression. I've also been impressed with all the singing videos lately.

So I thought it was my turn...

I've learned that I know nothing about singing. I have A LOT to learn. But, I'm up for the challenge. I'm as nervous as hell, my voice wobbles, I miss notes, my attention wanders and it's not the performance I'd like to have given. But, I've decided to post it anyway as I know that I won't be happy with it for the moment. I won't really be happy until I know what I'm doing...and that could take years...

So here it is - maybe not as bad as I'm making out. It is a start, something to look back on later and hopefully see how much I've improved.

jimcjimc

Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:48 pm

Very nice singing & playing

buddy

Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:50 pm

You go girl, that was wonderful. We have some synergy going on these posts and thanks for keeping the ball rolling. You have a fine voice and your guitar playing is great.

I was looking forward to this so thanks for posting it up.

Bud

Chasplaya

Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:54 pm

Hey Michele, i've PM'd you but I'll say it here also amazing voice really suited to this song and anything by Maddy Prior, Sandy Denny or even Clannad stuff with Enya. For a first time this was awesome and I want to hear more, great voice!!

Lavallee

Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:59 pm

Michele, I think you should have come out of the closet way before now. Your guitar playing was very touching with the right intonation for the song. Not being a singer expert but only a listener, I can feel that your voice has a lot of potential, you are easily floating between high and low tones effortless and still I feel that you are holding back.

I am looking forward to your next post.

Marc

michelew

Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:01 pm

Jim, Buddy, Chas and Marc,

A huge thank you for your generous support and encouragement. I'm still shaking...

Michele

jim56

Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:10 pm

Hey Michele,

I found that piece very moving. You sang very well, I enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next post. -Jim

TGMatt

Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:22 pm

Just great mate,.congrats

cosmicmechanic

Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:58 pm

Michelle, your playing and singing are so enjoyable, bring on more.

I think your voice can adapt to a variety of styles, you touch some delicate high notes at times,
and at others you add a bit of grit, for a "sandy"(?) sound.

We didn't know what we were missing!

Pierre

wammer

Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:17 pm

"So here it is - maybe not as bad as I'm making out."

Michele!!!!!! We really are our own worst enemies. That was lovely. You really picked a song that seems to suit you and your voice. The first is the hardest. WHEW....All done. Now your off to the races..LOL. Oh and the guitar playing was excellent....You seem to strive for excellence and Im pretty sure that great was good enough this time. RELAX

Tammy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic