Response to Rocket Man by D_Dog

TGNeil

Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:34 pm

I saw someone ask about Rocket Man in the Request a Song Thread and I thought I'd give it a go. I got this from a youtube video I found, I think it works out nice. It's in the same key as the original recording.
Capo at the 3rd Fret.
Chords required are:
Em7
A7
C
G
Am
D
I would love to see an official TG lesson on this and a few other Elton John tunes as a matter of fact.
Anyway, hope you enjoy. I'm going to work on cleaning this one up a bit and maybe repost some day.
Thanks,
Damian

[video type=youtube][/video]

d_dog

Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:41 pm

Thank you so much Neil for the response, it's really mind blowing that you guys display this level of personalization here, simply amazing! It's so cool to get these extra little mini lessons on other peoples uploads too, very cool.
Thanks for the tips, I'll work on it.

mark

Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:35 am

I missed this first time around.

Really good voice which suits the song.
Guitar playing is pretty good for 30 minutes on it as well

suziko

Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:40 am

I missed this the first time around, too. Great job, Damian. First of all, your voice (even with a cough!) sounds amazing. But I'm even more impressed that you took the time to figure out how to play this song. I might give it a go today, thanks to your mini-lesson.

And I liked Neil's suggestion to add in the descending bass. Sounds great with that little element thrown in.

Suzi

snoopy64

Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:38 pm

Hi Damian!
Great voice!! Keep up your excellent playing and singing. I am looking forward to new videos from (by?) you.
Birgit

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic