DRIVE TAKE 3

buddy

Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:24 pm

Well, here is the third try at this. I think the rhythm is a little better with this take. Let me know what you think ? Any constructive criticism would be appreciated. This is pretty fun watching this evolve with all its warts and blemishes.

Thanks,

Bud

d_dog

Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:46 pm

Really great Buddy, much improved, nice lighter touch on the strings and more steady rhythm. Maybe look into the palm muting for those abrupt chucks that you hear in the recording, really gives it some percussiveness that is so evident and necessary to pull this song off, if you're going for the recoded sound that is. Otherwise, great work over these last two weeks or so.

TGMatt

Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:49 pm

you sure are focused Buddy great stuff

MarkM

Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:10 am

Bud,

Good job. Getting beter with each day. My only suggestion would be to look at your pick in the video. I could be wrong but it looks like you're holding on pretty tight (a problem that I am trying to solve myself from time to time). Also its pretty much at a 90 degree angle to the strings. This really shows up more on your up srokes which makes you hit the strings a bit harder. As Neil preaches, try and hold the pick a little lighter and then angle it slightly down on the downstroke and slightly up on the up strokes. You'll get a much more balanced sounding strum. I hope this helps a bit. Other than that it is really comming along nicely. I still can't get over how you can sing and play this particular song at the same time. Very well done indeed.

MarkM

buddy

Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:35 pm

Ddog, Matt and mark,

Thanks for the feedback, this song has been a challenge for me and your comments and encouragement will help it along. It is torking out my brain when I try to sing it and play it at the same time. :-).

Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic