Response to Windy & Warm by Mark

TGNeil

Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:49 pm

Please see my version of Windy and Warm.

I got lucky with this. This is about the only time I've managed to get all the way through it.
I tried playing it yesterday and it was a disaster with every section going wrong.

BigBear

Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:48 pm

Neil- I've been struggling with this song for some time now, especially getting the alternating bass right. Still don't have it but this mini-lesson helped a lot.

Damn tough song that you make look so easy!!! If I had an ego before I found the TARGET program, it's all gone now!! :laugh:

Thanks! :cheer:

mark

Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:35 am

Thanks so much for the response.

I knew there was something wrong with the bass in the second section but I wasn't quite sure what it was.
I haven't played this for ages but this will give me the push to have another look at it.

d_dog

Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:15 pm

Really great tips. I gotta start learning this one.

I have to ask, at 3:10 when Neil points out that he likes how you played the second part an octave low, I swear that sounds exactly like a part of "Rhiannon" by Fleetwood Mac. Anyone else hear that? I'll have to go back and watch the Rhiannon lesson.

mark

Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:41 pm

d_dog wrote:
Really great tips. I gotta start learning this one.

I have to ask, at 3:10 when Neil points out that he likes how you played the second part an octave low, I swear that sounds exactly like a part of "Rhiannon" by Fleetwood Mac. Anyone else hear that? I'll have to go back and watch the Rhiannon lesson.

Yes, it is very similar.
I don't play Rhiannon but I know it uses the same chord shapes.
Also at that point I switch from alternating bass to monotonic bass which makes it sound even more similar.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic