Response to You've Got To Hide Your Love Away by MarkM

TGNeil

Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:32 pm

Hello everyone. Well I spent about 7 hours in the car yesterday and had quite a bit if "practice" singing to myself. I was thinking about this song again and wanted to give it another go today. After thinking about the song a bit and how John always seemed a bit angry in his singing, I thought about an episode in my past (20 years ago. Where does the time go) that I tried to channel into this song. It's far from perfect both on the singing and playing but I hope it is an improvement over the one I did a few weeks ago. Thanks for watching and I look forwad to your comments and suggestions.

MarkM

d_dog

Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:55 pm

Great job Mark! Great tips. Love these video responses.

MarkM

Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:40 pm

Neil thanks a bunch for taking the time on this video. I hear what you are saying. I'm getting a mic to plug into the camera so I (at least in my head) won't think I have to strum so loud to be heard. I was probably using a 1.00 mm pick on that version. I do prefer the .73 and should have used it instead. I'll post a newer version of this in a few weeks after I finish up with somthing else. Grert song and I have alot of fun playing it. Thanks for the kind words.

MarkM

stratman3

Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:14 am

Mark,

I enjoyed you vid, sounds great.Nice strumming. I love that song.

Thanks for sharing.

Gary B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic