TOVO - Sister Golden Hair

tovo

Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:23 pm

buddy wrote:
Tony,

I don't want you to feel weird so here is a shot of me in a cowboy hat. :woohoo:
Bud...being sent a picture of 2 near naked men standing in a stream doesn't do much to stop me feeling weird mate! I appreciate the thought though! :laugh:

Dan, thanks. I keep returning to your latest video for another look. Just great.

Mark, thanks man. I think your strumming is silky smooth so I'm happy that you think mine is coming along.

Marc, I'll be sure to check on those upstrokes and downstrokes. Thanks.

Chas, The hat was in the car and couldn't be bothered grabbing it!

Bill, now I'm happy thanks! ;)

dekotaj

Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:06 am

Tony my friend down under.

What a great song,probably Lisa and my favorite song by America.I for one cant wait to hear the redo with vocals.And the Aussie tune.Great job with the bar chords always a pain in the(Hand).Thought I was going to say pain in the a*$ huh.Will that to some times.

BRAVO!!Tovo

Kevin

coomba

Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:08 am

G'day Tony
Nice job mate
Lots of bar chords in that piece ,how did you thumb go practicing that song, mine kills me after only a few bar chords.
Cheers
Scott

willem

Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:23 am

Hey Tony,,practicing eh,,well i saw and hear that,, i have a couple of things for you,,like BigBear said you ''played it wonderfull''.lol

i find you did a realy nice job on that Barre's..i wonder how you play when you sing with it..see ya mate..

neverfoundthetime

Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:26 am

Big improvement on the right hand strumming Tony and As Chas mentioned, this song is a real work out for the left hand which you seem to manage with ease... you have the forearms for it! I agree with Bear's comments on getting more accentuation and feel into the right hand, that could add a lot to this. Would be great to have a follow up complete with hat and singing. I have found that this song is a difficult one to play and sing all the way through... difficult to complete, so it's quite a challenge.

pbraun

Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:05 am

Tony, great job. I love the song but the barres scared the life out of me. Another great song to try with a good mix of open and barre is While My Guitar Gently Weeps, I have messed with it forever and get so frustrated with the changes I give up. Watching your performance makes want to go back and try again. So thanks for posting, they really help get a person going!
Pete

mark

Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:11 am

Good going tovo

All your bar chords are coming out cleanly.
In the lesson Neil talks a lot about anticipation in the intro. Where the next chord is played a bit early (on the four and).
I don't think you are doing that.
Might be worth the effort to try and get that in there.

tovo

Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:35 am

Just home after a great night out jamming with a friend. Great fun.

Kevin thanks for the support mate, same to you Scott. Keep practicing the barres and they get easier.

Thanks Willem my Dutch mate. You have been quiet lately...what are you working on?

Thanks Chris, you're right Bear's comments were very good and I've taken them on board.

Pete, just keep practicing mate. Thanks for commenting.

Mark, thanks for that observation, I'll go back and check out the lesson again. Definitely worth the effort.

Cheers guys, thanks for your comments.

stratman3

Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:38 am

Tovo,

Very nice job, smooth transition through the chords.

Gary B)

jayswett

Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:22 am

Several comments:
1) This will definitely be your best song when you post a video with singing. I recognize your intent with this video, but when you do decide to sing it, it will sound incredible to be sure.

2) The guitar part was very solid despite the 1 or 2 slightly missed chords. For the most part, the chords were very clean and resonated well. I agree with Bear, Chas and others about the varying/accenting the strum. As I watched this, I couldn't figure out why that Beatles song gives you so much trouble. You played this so effortlessly, and this song strikes me as a much more difficult song to play. The right hand work on the Beatles song is different (i.e. not as much strumming), but nevertheless, I would think you are ready to kick that song's ass at this point.

3) I like your idea of choosing a song with alot of bar chords in ordr to force yourself to become comfortable with them. I did something similar with I'll Have to Say I Love You, but still have quite alot of work to do with it.

Great job on this.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic