NOODLING THE 12 BAR BLUES IN G

buddy

Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:58 pm

I saw Neil's lesson on the 12 Bar Blues in G and decided to have some fun and play along with Neil. This was a lot of fun to just improvise with the beat. It has a few rough spots but man this is a kick in the pants.

Bud

Chasplaya

Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:12 pm

Hi Buddy, When this first came out I did exactly the same and jammed along with neil, great fun. Never thought to vid it though, maybe just as well lol. One thing about the Blues maybe worth considering its repetition , you know the Call and response thing, for structure. Also quoting BB King, sometimes less is more, let some of those notes ring out. Also If I recall correctly Neil didn't cover the other blues positions derived from the G blues he used here , but if you learn the other positions that can just add that little bit extra magic even just going to the next position, no need to go right up the neck, even though BB does on occasion go up to the octave note and comes straight back.

Might have to go back and have another play with this.

tovo

Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:22 pm

Nice comments Chas. "Less is more"..I like that. I love the Blues but no skills for it yet. Starting with a blues teacher tomorrow to try and get into that realm. I'd like to see more blues posts on the site Buddy so good start.

takhak

Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:32 pm

nice job Buddy. i hang in the same spot too long when doin the playalongs
just because im so happy its matching the rythym. If you separated the bends
a little and slid to another position that could help break things up some.
Keep on posting on.
Jim

coomba

Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:53 pm

G'day Buddy
Nice one mate ,I was tapping my foot along with you.
Its great fun to play along with Neils track.I only stumbled onto this lesson myself yesterday so I had a go at also,.
You looked like you were enjoying yourself.
Cheers
Scott

izzyhara

Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:47 pm

That did look like fun !!! I'm thinking this virtual video teaching just keeps generating more rewards... Izzy

BobR

Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:01 pm

Bud,

Cool Man! Who needs jam tracks when we have Neil?

Bob

buddy

Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:21 am

Howdy Scott,

Yes it is hard to keep that foot still, but I guess that is the whole idea. Put up a video and let's compare notes. Thanks for the feedback.

Bud

MarkM

Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:49 am

Bud good job!! Looks like alot of fun!!! I agree with the "Less is more" theory. Sometimes just landing on a note and then bending the crap out of it will work wonders. :laugh: :laugh: This is a skill that I need much work on so I'm glad I had the opportunity to watch yours.

MarkM

willem

Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:25 am

Bud,can't get out of this bleus anymore,,that was fun,,i tryed ones the same,,i go back and try again,,

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic