Who ll stop the rain- Rapsidy other song I'm learning

willem

Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:45 pm

hey Brad,i'M not the one that can give you the realy good advise,,but i listen again to your vid and reading the other posters then take in my opinion the advise from Suzy and Izzy and you diong fine on this song,, i think Neil comes in with a respons..

BobR

Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:56 pm

Hi Brad,

Good job. I enjoyed your playing and your singing is really good. Take everyone's advice here and keep up the good work.

Bob

tovo

Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:24 pm

Hey Brad good going. You obviously listened to Neil and you are holding the pick much lighter. Suzi is spot on with her comment on the extra strum I think, that was the main point I noticed also. Fix that up and keep practicing it and you will be in great shape.

michelew

Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:48 pm

Nice job Brad - especially singing and playing together so early in your guitar learning journey. It's sounding good - I agree with Izzy - you could easily play it around a campfire now. THere are a couple of places where the timing is a little off. You might want to try a program that will allow you to slow the tempo of your reference track down without changing the pitch and to change the the pitch if you want to sing it in a different key. I use the Amazing Slow DOwner, which I like.

Really nice job - keep it up.

Michele

rapsidy

Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:33 am

Thanks girls/guys

The advice on here is tremendous, an objective view is much more inducive to growth and progression :)

I had to laugh though on th Bm transition, truth is I just got lucky i hit it right for the video, most times the fingers are not that well behaved.

I will have to go back to Neils lesson on the intro, I did notice i was out when I tried to play along with Neil so will work on that.

yes buddy i will try use the wrist more, the right hand is where i am struggling most

thanks for the help it is priceless

Brad ;)

wrench

Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:22 am

You are making good progress Brad. Keep up the good work. I recommend practicing a lot with a metronome. I think most people's timing is fragile, and frequent use of a metronome just keeps you on track. Great job, and I look forward to more of your work. What model Yamaha are you playing?

d_dog

Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:56 pm

Great job Rapsidy, you've gotten some great sound advise already. I'd only add, that I think there are just to many strums (haha joke reference to Amadeus, "too many notes") Anyway, I haven't gone through this lesson so I'm just going by my memory of the original song, but it seems like there are rests in there that you're missing. You seemed to "over drive" the rhythm, not necessarily from a timing issue, but rather from a constant strumming point of view. I think Suziko alluded to an "extra strum" this is probably adding to this issue as well.
Anyhow, really great job, I like that you're landing that Bm index finger first as Neil always points out. Great progress!
I'd like to be at that campfire, you sing great too!

rapsidy

Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:24 pm

fgx720sca i think

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic