Who ll stop the rain- Rapsidy other song I'm learning

rapsidy

Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:03 am

Hi Guys this is the 2nd of the two beginners songs I am working on. This is for future baseline references and guitar/singing progression?? I dont believe there is much inprovement in the singing department, just want to be able to entain some friends, camp fire style :)

But I want to get good on the guitar!

Just have trouble with timming/ rhythm making song flow as one piece. any suggestions. I tried to incorparate tips from previous vid i.i loosen grip, thinner pick

Welcome all types of feedback not just positive dont be shy to be give constructive critisism :) even if it hurts lol

thanks a lot Brad

willem

Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:41 am

Brad man, i'm gonna hurt you,,man great job,,i think you made many of us happy,, i'm gonna use your vid has mine refference to learn this song in playing and singin,,good luck with your yourney here..

suziko

Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:15 am

Hi Brad,

I think you did a really nice job with this song. Your strumming is steady and does seem lighter. And you don't seem to be having much trouble getting to the Bm. I felt like the song flowed well, so I'm not sure what you felt didn't work, regarding that aspect. And your singing was nice, too.

My only comment would be that I think you're getting to the beginning picked out notes one beat too late. You're making one extra strum before going to the picked out bass notes. That jumps out at me, because I expect to hear the notes one beat before you actually do them.

Other than that, great job!

jayswett

Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:52 am

Well done. You'll be charming your friends around the campfire in no time. I don't have much to suggest in terms of improvement. It's just a matter of getting in some repetitions so that you hit those notes cleanly.

neverfoundthetime

Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:02 am

Hi Brad, nice going on Who'll Stop the Rain. Your strumming is coming along and you moved to a better thumb position on your left hand as you progressed into the song. Neil may well be along shortly to give you his expert pointers. Great to hear you doing a good job on the singing! Look forward to more of your progress.

MarkM

Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:35 am

Brad,

Well done!! This is really coming along nicely. Your left hand position is great. I noticed you had no trouble with the Bm transition which is great. This is much softer than Brown Eyed Girl which seems you took Neil's advice on pick grip. The only thing I would add is that to watch out for the tempo. You kept it pretty steady with only one or two times did you speed up. Really have nothing else to say other than that I really enjoyed it and that you'll have this down in no time to play for all your friends. Can't wait for your next video.

MarkM

buddy

Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:43 am

Brad,

Wow, great job and You are really progressing well. Good job on coordinating the guitar with the vocals. Your hand position is really good. Your chord progressions are a little choppy but that will improve naturally as you work on the song more.

I do think that your strumming would improve if you added more wrist into it rather than using your full forearm to strum. If you could create a little more angle in your wrist and use it to strum it would make your playing more supple.

Hope this helps you move it along,

Bud

dekotaj

Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:23 am

BRAVO!!Brad,

I really enjoyed your playing and singing.Good job,and keep them coming.

Kevin

izzyhara

Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:39 am

WOW this is really getting good. The pick action is looser which makes the strums sound better (who knew?). Don't worry about the singing part. If you are going after an entertaining campfire song, you have got that in spades. Hopefully the people you are entertaining will feel compelled to sing along. That's what I always hope for. The only thing that jumped out at me was the last beat of most every measure. You know how Neil has us up-strum the open strings as we are changing chords? I don't think I heard that consistently so there was a small drop out of sound on the last beat of the measure. Otherwise, you could be our next poster child for this song !! Well done !!!

haoli25

Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:40 am

Nice work Brad. I really liked watching your video. I noticed early in your video that your left thumb was 'peeking' over the fretboard. After you corrected it, did you notice how much smoother your chord changes were? Stay with it, you are doing great!

Bill Image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic