Jim Croce Operator

jayswett

Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:04 pm

We definitely need more Jim Croce Target Songs. Great stuff.

d_dog

Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:23 pm

Really great Kevin! I agree with Jay, more Croce would be sweet.
I haven't ever played this song so I can't really comment much on your playing. I would think that someone will mention your "grip" on the neck and hand position, It doesn't seem to cause any trouble with your playing or ability to play the chords correctly so it's a tough opinion to throw out there, but I did :cheer:
Great job man. I think it very appropriate to post this one, since those of us that are working on Have to Say I Love You In a Song, can use that picking pattern technique and apply it to this chord progression, which for the most part could be picked out of your great video.

Thanks for posting!

Craig

Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:26 pm

Kevin,
Nice job on the song. As a kid we would have family dinners at our house on the weekends and sometimes my Dad would put on JIm Croce's Photographs and Memories album for background music. Watching the you tube clip brought back a lot of great memories, thanks for sharing,
Craig

dekotaj

Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:04 am

Gary,DA BEARS!!!Your damn right.85,what a year.Lets see what happens this year with a new play caller??

D-Dog,Thanks,Yes Al and others have ask about that old thumb sticking way up there in the air I've done some work on it with some new songs.Hard for this old dog to break old habits.I wish Neil would Have been their(and the net) when i first started playing.

Hey Craig.Thank you for sharing your story.I can't BEGIN to tell what great memory's some of his tunes bring up for me to.

wrench

Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:24 am

That was great Kevin. Man, you do Croce better than anybody. Thanks for posting that for us. As for the singing, let 'er rip. You'll do fine, and I think your voice is matched to Croce very well.

dekotaj

Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:00 am

Well thank you Wrench,I do really enjoy play these Croce songs.Makes me fell KIND of young again.I cant sing,and that's OK.Never have been able to.I did on a couple of the songs for the guitar competition.But as (Dirty Harry)Clint Eastwood says a man must know his limitations. :laugh: :laugh:

MarkM

Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:08 am

Kevin,

My apologies. I don't know why I never got to this song. Boy am I glad I did. I just love your fingerpicking and would actually consider becoming a Bears fan if I could play that way. :blink: :blink:

I don't have anything to suggest as you have nailed the playing part to my ears. I too am looking forward to the singing part. Thanks. Man do you do Croce well.....................

MarkM

neverfoundthetime

Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:05 am

Kev, I just wanted to add that the video you added of Jim Croce playing the song live is just wonderful. What a beautiful live rendition of this song!

[/quote]

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic