Jim Croce Operator

dekotaj

Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:40 pm

Good morning everyone.

Sitting here drinking my morning tea.Watching everyone playing and Neils responses.
And just really enjoying my morning.Just a great way to start my day getting to watch you folk do your cover songs.

Sorry about the singing keep forgetting this mic picks up everything.I was going to redo it,But got to head out with Lisa and get some thing done today.So no redo.

Thanks for watching.Enjoy your day!! :) :)

Kevin

jayswett

Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:49 pm

As always, it sounds great. Am I mistaken, or is the fingerpicking pattern for this song very similar to I'll Have to Say I Love You? As for the singing, the only thing you should be apologizing for is not singing so that that we can hear it more clearly!

willem

Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:21 pm

Kevin, the picking sounded beautifull,, i can imagin that Lisa can listen to you the whole day through,,Bravo,,whats on the shirt BEER OR BEAR..lol..i start the day with coffee, i think i'm gonna change that for tea and better playing,,thanks ,have a nice day..

BobR

Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:43 pm

Kevin,

Your finger picking is very nice and I really enjoyed your playing. How do you like using the thumb pick?

Thanks for posting.

Bob

michelew

Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:36 pm

Beautiful playing! The notes all sounds crisp and sweet. I agree with Jay re: your singing.

BTW - I've decided that 'Time in a bottle' is the next one I'll be starting, which you inspired. I've got a couple of things to work on more before that though.

Gorgeous playing as always.

MIchele

tovo

Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:39 pm

Trying to hear over the dulcet sounds of my 3 boys getting ready for school, I thought it was "Have to say I love you" as well, so they must be quite similar. Seemed very clean and unhurried to me Kevin, I enjoyed watching how easily you played that. Very nice. I'd like to hear one with full on vocals as well. Enjoy your Sunday while I'm working hard! Of course I was taking it easy on your Friday so it all balances out.

Lavallee

Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:57 pm

Kevin, your fingerpicking is very fluid. I do not know the song so I cannot comment much, but it sure sounds good.

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:44 pm

Love Jim Croce, love Operator, love Time in a Bottle too Michele (must get that down!!) and I love listening to your videos Kevin. NIce song well done, keep them coming Kev!

dekotaj

Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:22 pm

Jay,Tony Thanks and yes good ear.Thumb 1 2 thumb 1 2 thumb 1,The same as I'll Have to Say I Love You.The body of the song that is.

Willem,Hey my friend it say Bears(as in Chicago Bears)Football.Go Bears!!

Bob,You know it depends on the song and how loud i want the bass notes to ring out.I would like to use one all the time.But can't control the volume very well yet.

Michele,Thank you my friend,I think you cant do justice to what ever song you decided on.And I cant wait to hear everyone of them.Let me know if I can help in ANY way.

Chris,Thank you.And I really cant wait for your song,all you folks are putting together.When is it coming out??

Marc.Thank you,Its one of a very few songs that got a lot of air time.And a great story in the song.

stratman3

Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:38 pm

Kevin,
Great job, great fingerpicking. I love JC and I love your Bears T-shirt. I am a Chicago native living in Texas. But I am still and always will be a Chicago guy and a big Bears fan. I was there in the 80's(85)and 90's. So I know you know what I am talking about.
DA BEARS!!!

Gary B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic