WISH YOU WERE HERE

buddy

Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:16 pm

Bear,

Your response has simply proven my point. And yes I actually am qualified to tell if someone is passive aggressive since my masters degree is in psychology and I have thousands of hours in counseling experience.

And please spare me the Cheers happy face at the end of your post.

I am done with this, lets move on.

Bud

unclewalt

Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:25 pm

Thousands of words, and I'm still mystified as to exactly what harm Bud is supposed to have done. What is bad about him doing it? What negative consequences are there to it? You say it annoys you, but you don't say why. Do you really feel that you must watch all the videos, and that Bud is messing up your schedule? And do you presume that most other people here feel similarly compelled? I'm genuinely confused.

> flatly insulting to me and many other players

Hands? Anyone?

dennisg

Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:28 pm

unclewalt wrote:
Thousands of words, and I'm still mystified as to exactly what harm Bud is supposed to have done. What is bad about him doing it? What negative consequences are there to it? You say it annoys you, but you don't say why. Do you really feel that you must watch all the videos, and that Bud is messing up your schedule? And do you presume that most other people here feel similarly compelled? I'm genuinely confused.

> flatly insulting to me and many other players

Hands? Anyone?
No, thanks, Walt. You're just tossing gasoline on this.

Lavallee

Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:31 pm

Let's play guitar again and turn the page once and for all.

Marc

unclewalt

Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:42 pm

I don't mean to throw gas on anything. I was really just asking.

TGMatt

Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:34 pm

Hey all

In the interests of us all getting along and to define what it is I am happy with I am going to outline the "rules"..and lock the thread..anyone who is unhappy with what I have written feel free to send me a private message..

(1) For now (and as always subject to review), Their are no limits to video uploads to the video channel

(2) all videos of folks playing need to be in the student channel to stay as an active thread..so if they are not their , and that goes for older ones, they need to get in the channel - All yours need to move Buddy..

(3) No trawling for comments or feedback, if it comes it will..."the crowd" will have their say..if you don't want to comment or look don't

(4) Don't expect Neil to respond to 8 variations, or every song upload..as this is impossible, but he is doing a great job right now, looking at every ones efforts

(5) Lets all get along...I have an ability to offend some folk at will it seems, and I know that almost all of the time it is not my intention.but a by product of the one dimensional nature of the internuts.. am certain that everyone has a perspective and a valid point..the only question is it is a point of view and nothing more..lets respect that a little here..were all right...right ??..

(6)I am going to have a beer...I just got back from lala land (Washington DC in this case) when Aussies come of the footy field having just spent 2 hours trying to knock each others heads off, we always have a beer together afterwards..Beer puts a lot into perspective, whilst simultaneously putting things out of perspective..ask me how..

You are all interesting and fun people to hang with..lets keep that feeling

CHeers and thanks for listening

Matt

neverfoundthetime

Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:55 pm

I was writing this as Matt posted. You can delete and lock or leave this here and lock as you see fit Matt.

Forgive me, Bear and Buddy, maybe it’s best that we all just walk away from this train wreck and my post is totally out of line. But it interrupted my sleep - I shouldn’t have read the thread before going to bed! In my semi-conscious state, the following ridiculous idea appeared.

You are two great TG characters, Bear is an Icon from the very early days and Buddy is a relative newcomer full of life and the joy of guitar and song. Bear has yet to post a video for review and Buddy (by Bear’s count) has submitted 15. The ridiculous idea that occurred to me is based on a scene from the Gandhi movie and I wondered, what if Gandhiji were a TG member, what would he say to you both?

TG Gandhiji:
“BigBear and Buddy, you are wonderful people who share a love of guitar and song and contribute much to this site. I challenge you to go forth and mend your fences and to collaborate on a song and submit together a video for review, making it Bear’s first and Buddy’s 16th. Maybe it is on this song, Wish You Were Here, maybe on another song. You choose.”

Don’t comment further, you guys need time off from this. Just blow us all away with a collaboration and post it one day hence. I reckon TG can do this. It’s that kind of site and you are that kind of guys. I know it. Yes you can! (Bear, I know I’ve got you smiling on that!). Image

mcfingers

Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:17 pm

Has anyone else noticed how much Gandhi looks like Ben Kingsley? :dry:

MarkM

Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:31 pm

Let's hope tomorrow is a better day.

I just had to do this.........

AndyT

Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:26 am

Buddy,

Metronome my friend. Your timing was wandering all over the place. Good chord changes, nice strumming and really good singing. The lead was Ok, but again, your timing is really wild. I would bet you that a week of playing everything with a metronome will help you no end. Your good now, you'll be way better then.

I love this song, have since it came out. they played it for Syd, but I have others that it applies to in my life. So, I love to hear it. Thanks for posting this one.

Rick,

Whoa brother! You Ok? PM me.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic