WISH YOU WERE HERE

buddy

Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:07 am

Needed a break from Drive so I thought I would work on Wish you were here yesterday. I did no realize all the meaning behind this song, it just made it a little more special to learn.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Bud

dekotaj

Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:25 am

Buddy BRAVO!!

Great job on the song,Playing and sing.No comments but a request,I enjoy watching you play,And would like to see both hands.The left was a little out of camera.I know it don't help the song.I just like seeing whats going on.

Thanks for posting

Kevin

rapsidy

Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:07 am

Hi Buddy

enjoyed the song, well done mate

oh to be able to play like that someday, how long you been playing?? just as a guide

keep it up

Brad

tovo

Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:59 am

Bud similar question to Brad, I'd like to know how long you have been playing that tune, because if you just picked it up in a few days you've done pretty well in my humble opinion.

Lavallee

Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:54 am

Hi Bud, you did a very nice version of it. I would suggest to slow down the strumming part as when you do the base line before the signing, it sounds a bit out of sync. I mean that the base line comes out at a slower rhythm than the strumming like if between the strumming you were slowing down to make the base line.

Great job

Marc

buddy

Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:43 am

Kevin, thanks for the feedback, sorry about being out of frame but I didn't step back from the computer far enough to get the left hand in.

Brad, I have been playing for 2 years now after about a 35 year guitar break. I found the first year to be pretty tough to progress. Once I got on TG I have progressed much faster as I am pushing myself to learn some of the songs that are out of my comfort zone.

Tony, I have been working on this song for two days, for some reason the 12 bar blues lesson really made this one easier to pickup.

Marc, I always appreciate how you take the time to give me detailed constructive feedback. I am taking the approach that I post up a new song as soon as I can before I really have it down so that feedback like yours helps me move it along more quickly before I have some bad habits ingrained in the song. This appraoch has really helped me catch some things early as opposed to waiting longer in the process and thanks to all the TG folks for helping me out.

Thanks again to all,

Bud

MarkM

Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:04 am

Bud,

Nice job. This song has always been on my back burner. I can do the rythem guitar part just fine but I've always put off the lead part. Nice that you combined the two there. Nothing to add except agreeing with Marc a bit. The tempo jumped around a little bit but I'm sure you'll get the down after playing it a few more times. I don't use a metronome because I don't have one but maybe if you played along with the song (which I do often) it will help with the tempo. Can't wait for the next installment.

MarkM

BobR

Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:26 am

Bud,

Real nice job and after only two days, I am impressed and a bit jealous :laugh:

Thanks for posting

Bob

jayswett

Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:55 am

MarkM wrote:
Bud,
I can do the rythem guitar part just fine but I've always put off the lead part. Nice that you combined the two there. I don't use a metronome because I don't have one
MarkM
Mark,
You should definitely take up the intro for this song. It's a fun one to learn. Also, regarding metronomes, there are plenty of online metronomes out there if you are near a computer connected to the internet.

jayswett

Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:57 am

The only thing I would say for now is that much of it needs to be a bit slower, as suggested by others. You obviously prefer standing when playing, which I find more difficult.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic