Coomba, Peaceful Easy Feeling

coomba

Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:16 am

G'day Tony
yeh mate I only just got my electric recently, I actually play mostly acoustic. Its an entry level guitar Martinez.
Scott

wammer

Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:56 am

Scott

This could be fun...............Around here you can get by with what you know and everyone else is your (ROADIE) Soooo lets do it. Jay said he would help out. Hopefully he would play along with us and maybe I can rangle Dennis into singing some harmonies... You need to do nothing but play the whole song and post it again. Im off to work now but I will PM you and let you know where to download it........PM is when you log onto your profile someone can leave you a "personal message" kinda our little own secret...LMAO.
I will send a quick one now and you can go searching ahahahahahahahhahah

Tammy...

sooooooo excited :silly:

d_dog

Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:32 pm

Most excellent Coomba. Metronome/Drum Machine is an excellent idea, I don't do that nearly enough. It is so important. Those barre chord down at the end of the neck are a real pain but you played them nicely. Great work. Neil actually posted a video with some tips about these types of barre chords here if you haven't seen it. http://www.totallyguitars.com/forum/116 ... arre-chord

Really great work, this would be a most excellent collaboration song, I'm in for sure! If you're up for it Coomba, I can assist/guide you on recording your track to get the best possible sound from your recording. When you get it, you can send the file to everyone and they'll add on their parts. I'd be happy to be the "assembler".

If not, not worries. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

BigBear

Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:01 pm

coomba wrote:
Big Bear thanks again for your input and encouraging words although I am a little unsure what you were referring to about the metronome affecting the feel of the song? I know you have already put time into responding to my upload but I would really appreciate it if you could elaborate on this a bit more as I appreciate your advice.
Scott- I'm not as big a fan of metronomes as some people are. They are great for getting the initial timing of a song and keeping the tempo steady throughout the song, especially when you are playing alone.

But I think they just kill the mood or the feel of the song because when using a metronome the guitarist relies completely on it for the tempo and his/her timing gets very mechanical. A superb player like Neil can use a metronome and still create feel but for the rest of us mortals it's tough.

I guess a better way to describe what I'm trying to say is "play loose" within the confines of the metronome. Don't let your strumming become so steady that it gets boring. Someone watching you play should be able to guess the song just by listening to you play a little of it and if it's mechanical all you hear are the chords.

You are really doing great with this song so now may be the time to lighten up or relax a little bit and just let the music flow. Vary your strumming a bit, miss a few ups or downs, accent the first beat a bit and so on.

I should point out that the way you learned this song is great. You developed a strong steady beat so you have a solid foundation to build on. That's the way to always learn songs IMHO. Learn them correctly and then take off and infuse your own style into your perfromance.

Again, well done my friend! I can't wait for your next video! And don't listen to your fellow countryman Tony, he's just jealous of us electric guitar players! lol! :laugh: Tony, you better tell Cindy you need an electric guitar!!! G.A.S.? Rememer who the boss is at your house !!

Chasplaya

Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:11 pm

Scott, Good job on a great song, I kinda agree with Bear although you've got the tempo down pat its now time to consolidate that and get in the groove. Great work with those barres like others I can hear a huge step forward from your last video.

And don't listen to Tony about acoustics, i'll bet he has an electric before long and joins us wimps ....

tovo

Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:45 pm

BigBear wrote:
Tony, you better tell Cindy you need an electric guitar!!! G.A.S.? Remember who the boss is at your house !!
Chas wrote wrote:

And don't listen to Tony about acoustics, i'll bet he has an electric before long and joins us wimps ....
You guys don't scare me. :)

BigBear

Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:15 pm

tovo wrote:
BigBear wrote:
Tony, you better tell Cindy you need an electric guitar!!! G.A.S.? Remember who the boss is at your house !!
Chas wrote wrote:

You guys don't scare me. :)

We should just put a bug in Cindy's ear that you really, really want a brand new Paul Reed Smith or a custom Taylor T5 and that you told us she owed it to you for being such a wonderful husband! After the Larrivee that should go over pretty well don't you think? rofl!! :laugh:

tovo

Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:40 pm

You just never know Bear. Scott and I may be jamming together on our electrics before you can say Jimi Hendrix.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic