Coomba, Peaceful Easy Feeling

tovo

Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:18 pm

Hey you told me to get stuffed twice. That's just rude! ;)

jayswett

Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:32 pm

wammer wrote:
oh oh two in a row.....

If you ever want to collaberate on this pick me I would love to......... :blush: :blush: :blush: :S
Scott and Tammy,
That's a great idea. I can help with the technical details if needed.
Jay

coomba

Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:00 pm

Could be fun Jay
the only trouble is it took me about 9 weeks to get the song to this point and my computer literacy is pretty bad I still don't know what PM means? So if your looking at a say 2 year project Im in.
Cheers
Scott

buddy

Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:09 pm

Scott,

Can't add much to what others have said other than good job and keep up the hard work. As NFT said, your hand position and fundamentals are really good and all you need is time on the axe. I wanted add that the bar chords will become more and more natural if you don't avoid them. Now that you have some down you may want to work on songs that include more of them so you can keep progressing.

Bud

Craig

Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:55 pm

Scott,
I remember your first video posting, you have improved a bunch since that short time ago! Nice work! Your barre chords looked pretty good to me. Keep up the practice and good job!
Craig

haoli25

Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:06 pm

WOW Scott. You should be very proud indeed, all of your hard work is really paying off. You have made excellent progress on your barre chords from the first video. Your timing and chord transition was also very good. I really enjoyed listening. Thanks for posting your video Scott.

Bill Image

MarkM

Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:08 pm

Scott,

Very nice indeed. You looked so much more in control of this song than your first one. I can tell you have been practicing as it shows big time. Marc and the others have given great advice so I'll leave that department alone. What I noticed that was very good was the picking of just the base note at the beginning of the strum on the chords. That is a skill that will really sweeten up your playing on other songs especially when you decide to play with an acoustic. Well done. More practice and Tammy singing along with you and this will be a great thing to watch.

MarkM

BigBear

Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:20 pm

Scott, really well done mate! The metronome has helped your timing greatly. Your chord changes were solid and you nailed all the barre chords too. I also liked the way you strummed this song by picking out the bass note and then doing a full strum. This is incredibly important to your development.

As you get more comfortable with this great song you might consider working now to generate more feel. This is the double-edged sword of the metronome. It's great for timing but usually kills the feel of the song. This song has some rather quick up and down strums on the 1/8th notes so as you add those in it will give the song more of it's signature feel.

I don't think you are having any problems with the guitar at all and you are progressing very quickly. All your practice is paying off especially with chord changes and accuracy.

Thanks for sharing a great video and please keep posting them. You are doing great my friend! Congrats! :cheer:

coomba

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:47 am

G'day again
Because everyone is kind enough to leave comments and advise i am compelled to respond in kind.
*Buddy your right the more barre chords from now on the better.
*Craig thanks for that.
*Bill luv the clapping hands and for mentioning you noticed improvement.
*MarkM as above but also another mention of acoustic :dry: there seems to be a pattern here ah Tony! Ps bring on Tammy's singing!.
*Big Bear thanks again for your input and encouraging words although I am a little unsure what you were referring to about the metronome affecting the feel of the song? I know you have already put time into responding to my upload but I would really appreciate it if you could elaborate on this a bit more as I appreciate your advice.

Thanks again to you all I know I keep saying that but I do mean it, I don't get the chance to play guitar with others and your input and support means a lot.
I better shut up and pick up an acoustic now or Tony will call me a wimp again
Cheers
Scott

tovo

Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:01 am

coomba wrote:
I better shut up and pick up an acoustic now or Tony will call me a wimp again
Cheers
Scott
You'll be right mate. Just out of interest, do you play an acoustic at all?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic