Coomba, Peaceful Easy Feeling

coomba

Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:12 pm

G'day All
Ive been working on this song for months as it has lots of things in it that I find difficult. Timing, Bar chords (root5 B)(F#m)and bass notes in the strum.(I guess I find guitar difficult, did I mention bar chords :ohmy: )
Since I posted my 1st video I was given some great advice by you all ,especially on timing,so that's why you'll here my metronome going.
Anyway I know its far from perfect but if you heard it months ago you would understand why I'm actually very happy with my progress since joining TG, so I thought I would share it with you.I left it short as I don't sing and didn't want to bore you with repetition. Thanks for all your advise and If you have anymore please go for it, no need to be gentle.
Cheers
Scott

BobR

Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:49 pm

Scott,

Sounding pretty good. I hear the metronome and it sounds like you doing good with your timing. You seem to be getting to the B and F#m without too much effort. Keep it up and you'll nail it. Of course you'll need to sing it next time. :laugh:

Bob

wammer

Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:02 pm

Scott That was great I sang right along....wish you would have played the whole thing I was just gettin wound up..........One of my favorite songs.No advise from me except play play play

Thanks Tammy Ontario Canada

wammer

Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:09 pm

oh oh two in a row.....

So I grabbed my guitar and played and sang along It was great. If you ever want to collaberate on this pick me I would love to......... :blush: :blush: :blush: :S

neverfoundthetime

Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:12 pm

Hey Scott, I liked that. Nice easy strumming in good time to the beat and as Bob mentioned you handled the barres just fine. You have better left hand position than me... so good on ya! Good to hear from you down under.

Music Junkie

Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:15 pm

Scott:

Nice job. It looks like your strumming hand is keeping pretty good time. The metronome also has a nice beat to it.... :) I struggle with the B chord and others in that shape, so I am envious of yours. Keep up the great work. Like Tammy, I could feel myself wanting to sing along.

J

Lavallee

Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:24 pm

Scott, that was great, rhythm was spot on, the bar chords sounds solid transition between the open chords are smooth.

I would bring your attention to when you transfer from the open chord to the F#m. There is a bit of muting. Neil have recommend to hit the empty strings during the transfer instead of trying to be on one strum on the open chord and the next strum on the bar chord, there is not enough transition time. The strum on the open string gives you the time without muting.

Also at the end, you switch from the F#m to a Bm. In the transition there is no need to lift your index as the bar act as open strings. If it is tricky to do it , you could try to practice by alternating both in loop without lifting until the non barring fingers move smoothly.

Great video and improvement

Marc

tovo

Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:33 pm

Scott. You electric players are whimps. You're not a real man until you barre on a steel string (Note to all: that is a joke between mates...Scott will tell me to "get stuffed" and that will be that).

Seriously, great improvement. The metronome really aided your timing (funny about that I should use one more often myself). The barres are coming along and Marc gave you some great advice as he usually does.

You LOOK like a rock star too which helps.

Cheers mate.

coomba

Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:03 pm

G'day All
You are all great for spending time to give some input thank you :)
*Tammy if I thought anyone would sing along I would have played the lot.
*Marc Thanks for picking up on the bar chords and also the tips and practice drill, Ive already started on them.
*Tony get stuffed. :angry: don't call me a wimp I drink my GI straight mate. :laugh: Sounds like an acoustic challenge. :S seriously I'm glad you could see improvement. (Thanks to TG and community).
Cheers
Scott

coomba

Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:04 pm

G'day All
You are all great for spending time to give some input thank you :)
*Tammy if I thought anyone would sing along I would have played the lot.
*Marc Thanks for picking up on the bar chords and also the tips and practice drill, Ive already started on them.
*Tony get stuffed. :angry: don't call me a wimp I drink my GI straight mate. :laugh: Sounds like an acoustic challenge. :S seriously I'm glad you could see improvement. (Thanks to TG and community).
Cheers
Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic