Is There Anybody Out There by Abilio

abiliog

Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:29 pm

Hi TG friends,
I'm back with a second post. Another Pink Floyd song that I choose to work and post.
I love this tune and I play it for practicing finger picking and right hand shift position tecnique.

This is not a finished work. I think that I can improve it, specially the tempo on some notes.
I think that with some more days of practice I'll get it.
Still too tense when I play to a camera, don't know why but maybe time will heal it, I hope.
I'm working on other song lessons but this song is the one I play better.

Once again I must apologize the bad video quality and even worst sound. This time, I tried to record the sound separately and merge it at the end
but with no sucess.
Now, I got some Acquisition Syndromes (Guitar, Camera, External Mic) and it's getting deep everyday.

Thanks a lot for your great support,
Abílio

BigBear

Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:41 pm

Abilio- Very well done! I too really love this song and I'm so glad Neil included it in the TARGET program.

Your arpeggio picking was almost perfect and you kept a nice steady bass tempo. Your timing may be just a little off as you play some of the sections up the neck but that will improve as you play the song more. Other than that you were really solid as far as I could see.

Congratulations on an excellent video and all your hard work! I can't wait for your next video.

Cheers! :cheer:

d_dog

Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:49 pm

Holy Buckets Abilio! (translation: WOW!) I really enjoyed that. That song sounds so good on a nylon string guitar. You did such a great job picking out the melody notes and bringing them forward with feeling. Great hammer-on's too. Good job with your 1,2 & 3 fingers and the arpeggiated rhythm. There may have been some delayed chords in there but you already mentioned that, time will easily fix that.
I am absolutely inspired to look into playing this song now.
Great job! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

buddy

Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:11 pm

Abilio,

Bravo ! You are going to go far with your guitar. Not only to because you have the basic guitar fundamentals down, but most importantly, because you play with a lot of emotion and feeling. This emotion really comes through in the song that you posted.

Keep on picking,

Bud

MarkM

Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:37 pm

Abilio,

That sounded great. Your tempo was very good. As others have said there was a bit of a tempo change when you went up the neck and I know that will get better with more practice. The guitar sounded very good. I didn't see or hear any issues with the recording at all. That was a very inspiring performance. I've been trying out this song for a few weeks and you make something very difficult look easy. Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

jayswett

Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:47 pm

Almost perfect. A much more difficult song, in my opinion, than Pigs on a Wing, and yet you played it very, very nicely. With the exception of what's already been said regarding variations in tempo, I saw nothing wrong with it at all. The hammer ons and slide were great, and that chord at the very end has been a challenge for me, but clearly not for you.

wammer

Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:02 pm

A pleasure to listen to. Thanks for posting.

Tammy

willem

Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:31 pm

Alway's a pleaser to listen to emotion playing guitar..thanks

haoli25

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:06 pm

Great job Abilio. I have watched your video several times now and it is a pleasure to watch and listen to. Thank you for posting your video.

Bill Image

michelew

Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:05 pm

Abilio - that sounded hauntingly beautiful. I really enjoyed your performance. I'll be checking that lesson out now. I imagine that it was tricky playing the different timings of the constant arpeggios and the melody notes that have a different rhythm. But, you made it look smooth and easy.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Lovely!

Michele

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic