Imagine... with the musical stylings of McFingers (Steve)

mcfingers

Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:51 pm

tovo wrote:
Hey Steve. Real good job I thought, very nice vibe to the song. Not an easy one to sing as it gets up pretty high eh? But I thought you pulled it off well and I enjoyed the listen. I suspect Neil will be able to suggest some embellishments to really get the guitar aspect sounding brilliant, it sounds fine right now though.

In terms of the Camera, I think you probably checked out your video right after uploading when it is still being processed by YouTube. The quality at that point isn't up to speed but as you can see now it's nice and clear. I have that camera (when I can wrestle it from my wife which is fun in itself) and I think it's great value. I think there are at least 5 people on the site using it.

Anywhoo, good job mate.
Hahaha, Thanks Tony, yes it does reach up into the stratosphere on a few notes. You may have noticed that I didn't touch the Ah, haaaa's at the end of the verses. I didn't want to call all the dogs in the neighborhood to my door.

OK, that makes perfect sense. Yes, I did try and preview the song right after it had uploaded. Thanks for clearing that up. I am quite impressed with the camera. I have a Sony ECM-DS70P condensor mic coming soon. So, we'll see if that improves the sound. I have to say that I am quite happy with the sound right out of the camera.
Thanks Tony

MarkM

Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:00 pm

Steve,

That was great. I tried to play along but couldn't see the left hand. I know you'll get that fixed. Other than that the quality was great. Both video and audio. Always like that song and you did it justice. The only thing I would suggest working on would be maybe to use a thicker pick. You had all the chords and runs in but maybe a thicker pick would make them more pronouned. Great singing by the way!!!!

MarkM

d_dog

Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:00 pm

mcfingers wrote:
I have a Sony ECM-DS70P condensor mic coming soon. So, we'll see if that improves the sound. I have to say that I am quite happy with the sound right out of the camera.
Thanks Tony
Oh man, please let us know how that Sony ECM-DS70P works out, I've had my eye on one for a while now.

Craig

Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:19 pm

Great job Steve! I really thought you did a good job. That isn't a song I have worked on yet, but your video makes me want to move it towards the top of my list. Keep up the great work!
Craig

BobR

Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:28 pm

Steve,

Very nicely done. The audio and video came out fine( except as others have said no left hand.)And you play well as a rightie too :laugh: . I have tried this song in the past but never made it too far. I just might have to drag it out again.

Thanks for posting

Bob

hanshess

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:14 pm

Steve:

Very nice job. The video and sound were fine to me. Keep up the good work. I admire folks that can record themselves .... good job.

Hans

mcfingers

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:23 pm

hanshess wrote:
Steve:

Very nice job. The video and sound were fine to me. Keep up the good work. I admire folks that can record themselves .... good job.

Hans
Thanks Hans, see my other post on my earlier attempts at this song. You can do it too.

AcousticAl

Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:30 pm

Hi Steve,

Really liked your version of 'Imagine'. I've only tried Neil's solo version (fingerpicking), but I may have to try the singalong version now too.

Your video quality is good- and audio was as well. But when your external mic arrives, it'll be even better! Looking forward to that.

Lavallee

Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:07 pm

Hi Steve, that is a very nice video, your singing is great, even in the high notes. You guitar sounds very nice and the playing was very good. That ZI8 is doing a good job.

Marc

mcfingers

Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:14 am

Thanks Marc, I appreciate your comments. The Sony mic is supposed to arrive today so I will let you and everyone else that expressed interest how it works out.

TTFN (Ta Ta For Now)

Steve

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic