Imagine0 Flubup Early attempt w/ mistakes

mcfingers

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:17 pm

I just discovered that there is a Video Out/takes forum, which is where I should have posted this thread. Sorry for that, if the Mods want to move it to it's proper place that would be great.

Thanks to all who have commented on my complete version of Imagine.

While trying get all the way through this song it occurred to me that there maybe those that are afraid to post a video of themselves playing a song because they think they will look foolish when they make a mistake. I totally understand. This is an earlier try at recording this song. It is incomplete (you'll see why when you watch) I express my frustration with a sound that is reminiscent of a horse expelling air.(Bud, you'll recognize that} I miss chord changes, I even totally miss-play chords. The point is no one plays perfectly, sorry Neil, I know he would agree. It's all part of the learning process. I have a sign in my classroom that states that the only way we learn is by failing. Think about it. I hope that if you find my misfortunes, minor though they be, humorous, or if they give you courage to forge ahead then it will have served it's purpose.

Oh, and I figured out how to "not" cut of my left hand, which is a good thing.

Enjoy and let's all start failing, shall we? :P

Steve

Dang, I hate the preview pictures YouTube selects. Do these guy work for the D.M.V (Department of Motor Vehicles) notorious for bad photos on drivers licenses.

wammer

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:26 pm

oh oh Steve it wont let me watch.....Dang those utube guys

Tammy

wammer

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:28 pm

It says its a private video and I must be your friend

mcfingers

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:29 pm

Ooops! I had the setting wrong. It should work now. :S

Tammy I would be honored to be your friend. :)

wammer

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:38 pm

I express my frustration with a sound that is reminiscent of a horse expelling air..................... Still nothing LMAO

mcfingers

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:41 pm

It's working for my now. I did have the private setting selected and I changed it. Try closing the TG tab in your browser and then re-open it again....see if that works.

wammer

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:47 pm

Well.........
I signed right out of TG closed everthing...(even the front door) and still we must be friends LOL not really to sure whats going on But :S ......its making me laugh anyways.....the word frustration just keeps ringing in my head hahahahahahahahaha

Tammy

mcfingers

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:57 pm

wammer wrote:
Well.........
I signed right out of TG closed everthing...(even the front door) and still we must be friends LOL not really to sure whats going on But :S ......its making me laugh anyways.....the word frustration just keeps ringing in my head hahahahahahahahaha

Tammy
That's really weird, because when I first tried it I got the same message as you. It was set to private. I went back to the YOUTUBE account and change the setting to worldwide and when I checked the video again it worked....no private message, so I'm mot sure what's going on. Sorry....Friend I'll work on it some more.

AcousticAl

Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:40 pm

It works now.

CLASSIC Steve. You can feel your frustration! Something we all feel more often than we'd like to.

One suggestion-- in the future, try playing with a tea towel on your leg. Might help with the rogue spitting.

**Edit-- I just looked at your avatar again. You sure it was spit??

:S

mcfingers

Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:51 pm

Thanks Al,
My problem (one of them anyway) is that I wasn't wearing pants. I thought it was a secret technique of Neil's. Has no one else noticed that the man never has pants on. I always see his bare knees in his videos. I thought it was his Jedi secret and I would give it a try.... never again. Actually, I assume that, like me, Neil just prefers shorts to long pants. Sorry Neil, no offense intended. I once had two bothers as students and for three years, every day of school, they wore Hawaiian Jam's (Surfer's shorts) and flip-flops, rain or shine. Amazing.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic