Uploading for review- updated songs, new ones, works in progress & more

Craig

Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:36 pm

Great work Joe! I think it's awesome to see TG members improve so much so fast. Big difference in the two Blackbird posts...and the confidence you have gained really shows through.
Craig

P.S. Do you do, "My Aim Is True"? :laugh:

d_dog

Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:36 pm

Great work Heyjoe! I can see the improvement in Blackbird, nice dedication. My only comment on playing would be that it sounds a bit "staccato" ish, meaning I think you might need a bit more time on each chord, let each pluck have it's own time to live before cutting it off for the next pluck. I know this is difficult because the chord changes are tricky in some parts, but it really helps give the song a flow instead of abrupt chord changes. Believe me I struggle with this on this song too.

Great job on Imagine too, you're going to have this one down in no time! Really good work.

Lavallee

Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:41 pm

Joe , the improvement on Blackbird is quite noticeable. It would benefit to the song if you guitar was connected the same as in Halleluja as the bass notes in BlackBird are a little faint.

Halleluja sounds very good. Since I do not play Imagine ot Halleluja, it is difficult to give an advice.

Great that you post them all.

Marc

MarkM

Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:51 pm

Joe,

I tried to get to these earlier but had issues. I just got done watching them all and I have to say I thought Blackbird really came out so well. Your practice paid off big time on that song. I'm having fits and starts with that one. You made it look easy. Halleluja also sounded very good and I'm really starting to like that song a lot. I saw the opening to the Winter Games and Kadie Lang absolutely blew me away with that song. Imagine as you and others have said is still a work in progress and I'm sure with the amount of attention you pay to this you'll be doing it great in no time. The only comment I can make is on how you have the electronics or amp set up. There was a bit of distortion in some of the endings of your songs. Oh and I'd like to see what your right hand is doing like you did on the updated Blackbird. Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed all of them.

MarkM

willem

Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:20 am

Joe,loved to see what you doing and work on and you doing great,loved them all,,thanks..

AndyT

Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:20 am

Big improvement on Blackbird. I think having it in stereo was part of it. the sound and picture were both much cleaner and crisper, just like your playing of the song.

Hallelujah was very well done. I would work it more with a metronome myself, I think I heard a couple of sport where you went a bit faster. I guess because those parts were easier for you. Other than that, it was a really good job. One or two minor misses on chords is no big deal and with a bit more practice you won't even have those.

I really need to work on that one myself.

Imagine. You have the chords, now to just get your strum down for it and decide on your timing.

mark

Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:48 am

Hey Joe
Great improvement on Blackbird.

You're getting better and better. The first blackbird post was an improvement on your very first video posts and the second one just raises the bar higher.

This really shows how well the target program is working.

BobR

Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:23 am

Joe,

Nice job on all. I really liked Hallelujah. That song is kinda growing on me.

Bob

AcousticAl

Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:54 am

Hi Joe,

Good to see what you're up to. I see Neil has responded to your 'Blackbird' update, so I'll leave it to him.

I liked your version of Hallelujah. It is a relaxing song that I enjoy playing as well. You might want to check out Neil's take on the Jeff Buckley version. It has some more interesting fingerpicking.

Look forward to your updates.

Chasplaya

Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:56 pm

Wow that was a lot to take in at once, you have been a busy boy eh! Neils responded already to Blackbird, isn't that the coolest thing. Amazing how he picks out these little nuances, I certainly didn't pick the two points he raised. And Hallelujah just loved that, saw a young chap on American Idol last night who sang this but didn't come anywhere near as close to you on the guitar , he basically strummed most of it. I liked it Joe well done. Ooops I have yet to watch Imagine. I'll get back you on that.

As most of the guys have said your playing is improving by leaps and bounds , must be your dedicated practice routine working for you.

Great stuff

regards
Chas

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic