Uploading for review- updated songs, new ones, works in progress & more

heyjoe

Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:34 pm

Hey All

Thought it's about time that I show you what I've been up to recently. I feel like I've been out of sorts guitar wise for a while (apart from working with Chris-which was a lot of fun), but recently I've done and update on a video I did a while back, and I've added another 2 videos for your perusal.

So, first of all, Blackbird
Old version

New version

Next a tune which I had heard but hadn't got interested in- now I am! I love it, so relaxing and good to play ( my wife loves it when I play it), I've left the end of it on to show you all where I want to go with this tune ( baby steps etc etc)

So here is how my version of Hallelujah is working out so far, still needs work, (thumb position, clearer notes etc etc)

Finally, a complete and utter experiment- what happens when you don't watch Neils videos, you look at the tab and think "I know that song!"...how wrong could I be.

This is another song I love, which I need to work massively on...I haven't looked at timing or anything else yet, but I'm putting the video on here so I can work on it and come back in a few months and see how much better I can play it. Call it the uneducated version! I'm starting on the education soon and will be doing videos as I progress, lets call it motivation for me to see how sorted I can get this song!

Oh yeah, its Imagine...solo version...oops :laugh:

I'm also working on Romanza, Dust In the Wind, and Bad Moon Rising, I'll post videos once I've gone through Neils instructional videos in detail.

Hope you enjoy them ( well some of them anyway! lol)

Joe

jayswett

Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:53 pm

The only one I had time to watch was Hallelujah, and suffice it to say that it was damn near perfect. That is such a beautiful song, and you played it very well. I'll get back to your others after work today.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:03 pm

Yup, Hallelujah is really good Joe, sounds solid. Well done! The other two are not available. Will check back later. Big difference on the video quality Joe, much more fitting for your songs!

tovo

Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:49 pm

Great job Joe. I like your idea on Imagine, I'm sure you will be nailing it in a short time if the other videos are anything to go by.

Hey you know who you reminded me of in the Blackbird clip? Elvis Costello. Particularly when you look straight at the camera. Just another useless piece of info from me.

Well done mate.

heyjoe

Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:40 pm

Jay, thanks for that, I'm glad you like it. The others are working now too.

Hey Chris, thanks for the support, just checked and the other videos are working, so feel free!

Tony, elvis costello, hmm, I'm ok with that! He knows his way around a guitar and has written some great stuff. Your info is never useless, I always enjoy your posts. Elvis costello plays imagine, can you imagine it, lol :laugh:

neverfoundthetime

Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:10 pm

Okee dokee Joe, Blackbird is sounding pretty practised and smooth... just add the singing and we'll be satisfied! :-)

Imagine is obviously work in progress and it is starting to shape up. You know all the moves and fingering, just needs much repetition for a while. I'm looking forward to your update when you feel you've got that to where you want it. Could be really good.

Great work Joe keep it going and update us soon!

izzyhara

Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:19 pm

You are doing awesome here. Not only can you play really well, you also have time to get all these videos to us. How much fun was that. Ditto what Chris said about Imagine. With any song, we work so hard to get the fingering precise. Then it's time to add the feeling. I really enjoyed these.

michelew

Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:26 pm

What a great idea!!

THe difference in Blackbird was sooo noticeable. It sounds so clean and crisp now - beautiful - well done.

Hallelujah sounded fab! I loved the way that all the bass notes where ringing out nicely and the arpeggios sounded smooth and gorgeous. Nice job. No wonder your wife loves it. I expecting you to break out in song at any second. Maybe one of the phantom signers will strike.

You've obviously got more work on Imagine - but, it sounds like you've made really good progress so far.

It was a bit sneaky though to save so much progress up and post it all at once. :P

RicksPick

Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:29 pm

Good to catch up with you Joe
Welcome back to posting video
You settled in now?
Guess you have been busy practicing hard
and reaping the rewards

RicksPick

mcfingers

Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:02 pm

Those songs are coming along nicely Joe. As the other conveyed, you'll have them flowing right along as you play them more and more. I am with Chris, all that's needed is some singing and we could have a campfire. I'll bring the marshmellows.
Steve

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic