Old Man -1st attempt

AcousticAl

Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:30 pm

I don't have much to add, as I agree with the earlier comments. Just wanted to say it's looking great for an in progress upload. Look forward to the next one..

buddy

Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:20 pm

Howdy Cap,

I can't add to what has already been said as you have gotten some good advice from others. Welcome aboard and keep up the good work as it is paying off.

Bud

BigBear

Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:44 am

Hey Captain, really good job for a first attempt. I agree with all the other comments and would add that your playing needs some "air". A difficult term to define but your playing is almost staccato with no rests, breaks, pauses or anything else to add flavor to the song. It just keeps coming at you.

So as you continue to work on this great song think about varying the tempo just slightly so that every stroke isn't played and you let some of the notes sustain for a moment. Maybe slow it down a bit so you don't feel rushed and build some tension into those chord changes.

I think as you open up this song and then refer back to Neil's video lesson you will really begin getting the feel of a young guy growing older and dreading it.

Keep up the good work, you are making great progress. Thanks for sharng the video!

Cheers! :cheer:

BobR

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:17 am

Hi Captain,

I can't add anything else that hasn't been said so I'll just wait to see your next post. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the post.

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic