Heart Of Gold - Revisited

pbraun

Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:58 pm

My orginal post was several months ago, and I also submitted it for the LDC collaberation. Neil posted a response the other day and I am very gratful, it means alot. I guess I was always just comfortable playing it the was I was. The weather today in Atlanta foiled my spring yard clean up (how lucky am I) so now I have sore fingers instead of a sore back and limbs!
I spent some time on the song today trying to take in the points that Neil made (and others when I first posted it). I know it is far from perfect but it feels like I am on the right track. I would like to bring in vocals and even the harmonica at some point later if I can get the song down.
Let me know what you think,
Thanks,
Pete

Lavallee

Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:43 pm

Hi Pete, your video is not available. I upload to youtube earlier this afternoon for an update as well and youtube have been processing for 4 hours and still not finish ((this is on youtube even though after the upload, it gave a notice that it was sucessful). So I am trying again. you might need to reconsider uploading again.

Marc

beaker

Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:50 pm

Pete, I remember your original vid. You are right! You are on the right track. This is a big improvement. Keep playing the kinks will get ironed out with time. One bummer is that your left hand is off screen so I could not see your chords. My suggestions, keep on playing, keep on watching neil's lesson to get reminded of some of the small details and play along with either Neil H or Neil Y.
And oh yeah, blowing off the yard work? ... that was a good idea! Beaker.

Lavallee

Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:51 pm

Hi Beaker, you can see the video?

Lavallee

Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:52 pm

If you click in the middle of the window a few times, youtube will open and you will see what I mean

beaker

Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:54 pm

Marc, I just clicked on the video again, it came up as normal. I am not sure what is wrong on your end. Beaker.

Lavallee

Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:58 pm

It is working now

thanks

Marc

Lavallee

Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:17 pm

Hi Pete, sorry for the trouble in the previous posts above.

I find your strumming much smoother and consistant. You migth want to work on those hammer on at the Em. I would suggest that you sit further away from the camera to have a full frame to see your right hand.

Great work

Marc

haoli25

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:55 pm

Sounding nice Pete, you're getting there! One suggestion for you that has helped me a lot with several songs. At the beginning of each TARGET lesson, Neil has a "Play Through" segment, for me, that is a "Play Along" segment. After I learn the chords and the fingerpicking (or flatpicking) and can get the song somewhat up to speed, I try playing along with Neil's Play Through. When it starts to sound more like one guitar I know I am on the right track. Some of them I have played along with literally hundreds of times. Keep up the good work my friend. Thanks for posting your video.

Bill Image

tovo

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:08 pm

Hey Pete, you've been working hard I see.

I'm going to use an expression I learned from the Big Bear cause it describes what I want to say perfectly. "It needs some air". I thought that was great when I read it and it seems to apply here. The tune came at me in a steady stream, it needed some space, and some emphasis in places. I'm sure Rick will be along to provide more detail at some point.

There's no doubt however it's improved. Good work.

Cheers mate.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic