Over the hills and far away by Marc 1st update/ Video fixed

Lavallee

Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:13 pm

Hi all, I posted a first try last November. After 3 months I felt better about posting an update. There were many bad timing and some overstrum and over hammer on which was noticed from the people who commented.
So I am posting the 1st and second take.

Thank you in advance for you observation

Marc

It is possible that the update migth not come up yet as there seem to be some problem on Youtube

Craig

Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:36 pm

Hey Marc,
The update wasn't available...but I am looking forward to watching your improvement!
Craig

michelew

Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:45 am

Marc,

I tried to watch your update, but I got an error message that said "This video is a duplicate of a previously uploaded video." Maybe you've accidentally uploaded the last one again, or maybe you've called it exactly the same thing and that is causing problems. Good luck resolving the problem. I'm looking forward to seeing the progress you've made.

Michele

Lavallee

Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:21 am

It is fixed now. Becasue there was a problem as I was getting a message in youtube that it was still processing after almost 5 hours, I re-uploaded the same file but changed only the name. I linked the second . I guess that both finally made through. So I just posted again but with the first link.

Not sure if it is one of the camera format (sound or video). I will experiment.

Marc

michelew

Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:46 am

Marc, That's a lot of progression over that time. It is almost there. It sounds as if you're slowing down at the end of the quick repeating section between the strumming. I don't know this song, but from a quick look at You Tube that section appears to be a little slowed in your post. I'm wondering whether you practice it at a slow speed, slow enough so that all of it is in time. If not I suggest you try that and then speed it up once you have it all down.

You're soooo close. Great progress on what looks like a difficult song.

Well done.

Michele

suziko

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:24 am

Wow, Marc, really well done! I watched both clips and the improvement you've made on this song is remarkable. I thought you played it well the first time around but....not so much when you watch the most recent clip first!!

The timing on the main riff might still be slightly off, but it could also just be that you're playing the entire song slightly below tempo and so the riff is sounding a tiny bit different from how I'm used to hearing it. maybe a more advanced player can comment on that.

I always enjoy your videos and admire all the time and effort you put into a song. Great job!

Suzi

willem

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:48 am

Marc, that was much! better,,some great transitions in that song,,it was very clean,,thanks for show us..

rapsidy

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:25 am

Hi Marc

definately see a huge improvement over the first so whatever your doing its working :cheer:

Brad

RicksPick

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:32 am

Hello Marc

A nice improvement
Way beyond my level for advice
But enjoyed listening thanks

RicksPick

MarkM

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:12 am

Wow Marc. That was great. What a huge improvement from the last time. Nice nible fingers through those licks. I've tried this a few weeks ago and it is much harder than I thought it was. All your hard work is paying off. The only thing I noticed that hasn't been mentioned is the G fingering. I could be wrong but I think I saw the middle finger on the low E string. It took many years for me to break that habit myself. I'd say I'm 90% of the way to being comfortable with the new/Neils fingering now after about a month of switching. Once you get there it is easier to move to the other chords and add other hammerons and such. Again, I could be wrong in what I saw. OTher than that I thought everything else was fantastic. Great job Marc!!!

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic