Over the hills and far away by Marc 1st update/ Video fixed

AndyT

Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:07 pm

Marc,
Much much smoother. I like it. It's like the difference between night and day! LOL

Lavallee

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:10 pm

Thank you all, I just read Neil's response and there is a lot to do. I love this site

Michele: The timing definetely needs improving. As Neil suggested I will play very slow for a while and correct all the stuff that he saw.Once this is done and that I am used to the metronome, the timing will improved. You are right asbpout the slowing down, I ghad modify a riff recently and it was coming out OK, the camera syndrome kicked in.

Suzi, merci beaucoup, I was not trying to play it slower, I just could not keep up with what it is supposed to sound like :( . But it is going in the rigth direction.

Willem: thanks, yes it is a fun song to play.

Brad: thanks, there will be a third one as there still a lot to do as mentioned above

Rick, thanks for checking it out

Mark, Thanks, I am having a lot of trouble on the G chord fingering. I try to use it on slower song, but it is back to the old way whenever it is fast. I am in a transition period for the fingering, eventually it will be done.

Andy: Thanks It is quite improved, but I cannot follow the cd yet, so lot of work still . I hope that you will be able to say that as well the next time. I am sure going to put Neil's comment on top of my agenda

Marc

BobR

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:39 pm

Marc,

I watched you 2nd post first and then your first. You definitely have gotten it down better. I guess it's a little late for comments, since Neil's already done that.

Good job
Bob

Lavallee

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:58 pm

Thanks Bob

Marc

AcousticAl

Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:12 pm

Hi Marc,

I know Neil has already commented..

Just wanted to say you can see the improvement between the two videos.

The audio also sounds better to my ear in the 2nd vid. Less harsh?

Is it a different cam/mic?

Lavallee

Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:30 pm

Hi Al, thanks for the comments. As Neil said, there is still many details to work . It did improved from the first video. I am using the same camera but Zoom sent a firmware update helping with the ligthing and for the sound I now always used the amplifier to help the fact that the guitar body is thin.

Marc

wrench

Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:37 pm

That's really developing well Marc. Your work is obvious, and is paying dividends. You gotta love Neil's responses, don't you? Between the progress you made and Neil's tips, I can't wait for the next release.

Dan

Lavallee

Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:32 pm

Thanks Dan, Neil's response brought me back on the right track. Little knowledge is always dangerous and I am the proof of that. Rather than following the lesson, I often takes bits an pieces with what I think I know, leading in the wrong direction. Other people have also mention timing to work on. Michele have also sugeested to slow down a song and follow it, same idea as Nei's metronome but with all the instrument

New approach from now on

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic