4+20 by ScottA

scotta

Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:32 pm

This is my first video post and on top of that it's the first song I've ever learned to fingerpick. I was planning on posting something I was more comfortable with first but this ended up being the one I got filmed first so what the hey! I've been working on this for a few weeks and considering where I started with this I feel pretty good about it. Not perfect by any means but I hope not bad! I would like to move on to some other fingerpicking songs now and would like to get some feedback on this. Any tips y'all have for me regarding anything that doesn't look or sound right would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

beaker

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:02 pm

Scott, that was very good. Steady pace. good job hitting the double notes on the high A string. Beaker.

takhak

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:11 pm

very nice,clean and relaxed. keep it up.

AcousticAl

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:36 pm

What a winner!! Hard to believe that's your first attempt at fingerpicking.
Steady, constant tempo. Really enjoyable.

Well done, Scott.

mcfingers

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:49 pm

First time finger picking.... Really? You could have fooled me. As the others has said, you did an excellent job of keeping the tempo going. Great job alternating your bass note right on time. I am impressed. My tip would be, move on to another finger picking song. There are several here that you could use you newly honed skills to learn.

Nice job. Steve

tovo

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:59 pm

Glad I checked this out Scott. Great job. Couple on small hesitations that will be gone with more practice but your fingerpicking for the most part was great. Very smooth and rhythmical.

Nice one, in fact great first video post.

Y'all keep posting!

Lavallee

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:06 pm

Great video Scott, you sound like an old pro. I am impress that at your first fingerpicking song your fingers are at home position and you have no problem alternating the bass strings. You did not look once at your right hand, which shows to confidence. It is half the battle for these songs.

Cannot find any technical aspect to work on, you have the song under your belt.

Marc

d_dog

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:50 pm

Awesome Scott, really nice picking, you've got a very good picking position and movement. Good job on the thumb and the alternating bass notes.
Really looking forward to more from you.

Craig

Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:04 pm

Great job on your first video post scott! Some great fingerpicking songs in the lessons. I look forward to your next one.
Craig

MarkM

Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:08 pm

Scott,

Great job!! I was really impressed that you kept up the tempo really well throughout the song. Even through the two little hesitations you got back on track right away. Nice change from the 12 fret to the 3rd hitting the low "D" and 4th string. Well done. Your hard work is paying off. Can't wait for the next one.

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic