Response to The Irish Dance by Michele

TGNeil

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:35 pm

This is the current status of my Irish Dance. I'm stuck and need help. I found quite a few things challenging in this song, especially considering that it is rated 1;

- vibrato,
- separating out the notes in the chords to form very quick arpeggios (especially at a reasonable speed),
- keeping it light while still keeping the melody notes prominent (I think I'm playing the bass too hard) and
- moving toward the bridge with the right hand to change the tone without loosing my place on the strings.

I'd especially like any advice that you all have on separating the notes in the chords and producing a better vibrato effect.

As usual, I found that as soon as I turn on the video camera my hands get tense and tight and everything gets hard.

I have a new guitar as you may have noticed and am no longer using a strap, I'm using a foot stool instead. The strings also seem to be at a higher tension - especially the trebles, but maybe I'm imagining things here. These are things I'm still getting use to.

This is a beautiful song - especially the way Hector plays it.

Thanks

Michele

michelew

Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:49 pm

THanks Neil!! Great advice as always. I'll definitely be practicing those things you've suggested.

Thanks again.

Michele

Chasplaya

Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:57 pm

As someone else who has had same issues this is fantastic, tried it out already and what a difference. Now those pesky little arpeggios.

Thanks Neil.

michelew

Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:17 am

By the way Neil - that was a super fast response. Matt must really be cracking that whip. I hope you're getting sleep too. Thanks for getting back with advice so quickly.

Michele

suziko

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:01 am

Great response. I'm happy to hear a fuller explanation for doing the vibratos. Thanks, Neil!

neverfoundthetime

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:31 am

Late to the party.... really nice job Michele! And everything Neil said! ;-)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic