Knocking on heavens door- Rapsidy attempt.

TGMatt

Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:20 pm

Hey mate

Best thing here and its all good, but the truly great thing is that you are always moving your hand...strumming hand that is...that is one thing that a bunch of folk can learn from..keep moving..dont stop no matter what

awesome job mate

buddy

Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:14 pm

Brad,

You are really moving forward on this, good job. Can't add much to what others have said as far as tips go. One thing to think about is to keep your left hand under the neck of the guitar a little more which will make your chord changes easier and it will also make the notes very clear.

As others have said, keep on playing as you are really progressing well.

Bud

michelew

Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:37 pm

It sounded good Brad and true to the feeling of the song. The strumming was great and I loved your singing too.

Don't worry, we Aussie know where you belong and that you haven't gone to the cold side. :P

Great job!

Michele

coomba

Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:39 pm

Braaaad Maaaate!
That was bloody awesome.
well done cobber!
Maybe next time you could do Eagle Rock.
Cheers
Scott

d_dog

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:36 pm

Great job Brad! Love the singing. My only technical advise is to ease up on the grip on the pick, sounds like you might be attacking the strings a bit too straight on instead of brushing across them at an angle. Angled pick up for the down strokes and angled pick down for the up strokes. Sounded great though man! I agree with TGMatt, nice movement, never stop the right hand rhythm.

Lavallee

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:29 pm

Nice Job Brad, I agree with the above, particularly about the picking strenght from Damian. It would be intersting to hear you playing it again but with the pick just brushing the strings.

Marc

BobR

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:30 pm

Brad ,

Real nice job. I think everyone has added any comments I would have. Just keep up the practicing and having fun.

Bob

rapsidy

Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:20 am

Once again fabulous advice :)

Tovo lol great line, yes I'm sure they rue that decision now :laugh:

Jay The strings that are on guitar are from when I bought over 6 mths ago :unsure: how and when are u meant to change them :huh:

D dog I have been told that before in other vid, I am conscious of it but execution is obviously not working, thats why this feedback is soooo good, I thought I was doing that but it needs more work, cheers thanx.

once again no offense to the brits as my father is one, just that i,m a dinky dye OZZZZZZZZZZZZ :)

thanks for great help again

now i gotta get back to practice, oh and thanks willem for the HOG tip i will search for that as i really like the song but struggle with smoothness

Brad

Chasplaya

Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:23 am

Well done Brad, Hmm wearing a bucket hat T-shirt and stubbies I'd bet not many Poms would be wearing that at this time of the year...

A few good points from others already.

Solid strum mate, plus I noted the hammer ons in some of the chords looked like they are coming along nicely. One point though your left hand postion could drop a bit bringing the thumb closer to the centre back of the enck and I wouldn't rest your arm on your leg either I think that could be restrictive for some songs that involve more chord changes.

Kept the tempo going quite well too and kudos for singing.

Good on ya mate

Chas (NZ)

AcousticAl

Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:26 am

I really enjoyed playing along with you! Good steady strum.

Great job!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic