Knocking on heavens door- Rapsidy attempt.

rapsidy

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:12 am

Hi Guys/Girls
thought i would try slowing down with a slower song. Plus it helps me to learn about the video tech side more etc... Plus i just enjot the tips and feedback to improve, I have been trying to play heart of gold since i started having a crack on the guitar, but for some reason even though i have practised it a million times :0 just cant seem to put it altogether. I would like to post up a version but its pretty bad so be warned, plus it take sme 1 hr to upload a 2min vid which is a pain in the butt any suggestions.

thanks for the help

Brad from australia sshhhes Neil the UK????? nothing against the English of course, but im an aussie, like calling a canadian an american lol :)

haoli25

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:21 am

Good job Brad. Nice and steady. Keep up the good work, you are doing very well. Also,
very cool hat! :) Thanks for posting your video.

Bill Image

RicksPick

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:25 am

Hi Brad

Coming along nicely
Nice steady rhythm
Easily recognizable

RicksPick Englishman and part time Scot lol

willem

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:20 am

Hey Brad,,realy enjoy it,, i think your next one is ''hey Joe''..why? well give it a look..

You have some trouble with Heart of gold,,maybe the vid below is a good refference for ya..it was Wrench's contribute to the collaboration vid for HOG we once did,,if you did'nt see the collaboration vid ,,surch in the studentreviews on the you tube channel,,

MarkM

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:34 am

Brad,

Well done!!! That was really very good. Nice steady strum. Good quick chord changes that will only get better with more practice. Great singing!! You are just about there with this one. Check out Neil Young's Helpless as it has just about the same chords. Instead of an Am that you play here, Helpless has an A with the D and G with a little different strum pattern. Can't wait to see the next one.

I was having issues with Youtube a few days ago as well. Not sure if they are having problems or not. Sometimes I'll try and convert my files to MPEG 2 or somethings else to compress the file a bit. Here is a free online file converter that may help if you ever need it.

http://www.zamzar.com/

Here is another one that I have but I think you have to pay for it. It works pretty well. I use it to convert Apple or quicktime movies to MPEG.

http://www.emicsoft.com/mts-converter.html

MarkM

jayswett

Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:24 am

Great right hand movement, nice and steady. Fairly crisp chord changes, nice added embellisments. Overall, very good, and in my opinion, and improvement over your other videos. Definitely heading in the right direction. This is a bit of a stab in the dark, but I'm wondering how old your strings are. Hard to tell from the video, but the sound might be a bit more robust with a change of strings if indeed they need to be changed.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:12 pm

Nice job Brad! Nice hat... but where's the corks on strings? Sorry to hear that Australia has been towed off shore to the UK by Neil. For us Brits the name is a dead give away: Brad is either American or Aussie, no exceptions! ;-)

mark

Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:56 pm

yeah I remember Neil introducing you as English.
Sure is a funny accent for an English man.

You look like you have a bit of a problem with the D chord.
Try praticing strumming where every other chord is D.
Play slowly enough for you to get the chord down properly.
Then gradually speed up.

Everything else is looking good

Mark (from England)

BigBear

Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:08 pm

Brad- really solid job on this great tune. I really, really liked how you used pauses and rest strokes to improve the feel and not make the song too "busy". This is a song where less is more!

Obviously, you aren't quite comfortable with all the chord changes yet but you are very close. Just keep working on it and you'll have it nailed very soon.

I liked your singing as well! Good work!

Thanks for sharing this video and I can't wait for the next one!

Cheers! :cheer:

tovo

Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:15 pm

Brad I was going to jump in and defend your honour mate but I figured you'd get around to it yourself! Just think, the Brits sent us out here to the sun and surf as 'punishment'. Cracks me up every time.

I agree with everyone else, significant improvement in your strumming. The bucket hat probably helped. I reckon Jay might be onto something there regarding the strings.

Keep it up mate, it's great to see the improvement from video to video.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic