Updated a bit -MarkM -George Harrison's Isn't it a Pity - need help

wammer

Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:17 pm

You have Mail

Tammy

TGMatt

Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:24 pm

Just a quick hello from me on this..

I know that Neil has done something extra special for this song...and this response..

I just finished speaking to him on how to present it so... if you can all hang on to your hats I think you will be happy..

THx all

MarkM

Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:59 pm

TGMatt wrote:
Just a quick hello from me on this..

I know that Neil has done something extra special for this song...and this response..

I just finished speaking to him on how to present it so... if you can all hang on to your hats I think you will be happy..

THx all

Thanks Matt to you and Neil on this. Now this is service!!! :laugh: :laugh: I just published an update that changes things up a bit. I'll fold it in this thread as an update and then wait for Neils response. Awesome. Thank you both!!!

MarkM

AcousticAl

Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:04 pm

Spot-on strumming rhythm again. Interesting chords.. can't wait to see what Neil has to say!

MarkM

Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:47 pm

bump for an update and explaination. Thanks.

MarkM

michelew

Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:07 am

I think it's sounding good already. It will be good to hear Neil's advice about how it could be improved. The chords are really evocative. I like the palm muting in general but think maybe a little less would be better.

You're on fire at the moment - you must be practicing a lot.

Thanks for the new song.

AndyT

Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:24 am

Check Neil's comments on this in today's news update.

d_dog

Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:02 pm

I actually like the first one better, without the palm muting. The muting cuts off the haunting resolves and slight apprehension that is present in those melodic chord changes. I think they need to ring into each other to be effective.
Love this song, definitely George Harrison's "John Lennon" moment.

wrench

Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:47 pm

dennisg wrote:
Sounds terrific, Mark. Your first attempts are often ridiculously good.
Yeah. What Dennis said.

I love George Harrison's chord progressions on this album, and you are well on the way to turning this into a really good piece. Based on Matt's post and Neil's daily news today, I'd say something's in the wind for this song.

Dan

cosmicmechanic

Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:30 pm

Mark, I agree with d-dog that the clearer, more languid strumming in version one is better than the muted, percussive strumming in version two.

On the other hand (clever word-play, eh?) the hammer-ons in the second version are definitely an improvement.

Nice project, this song is now in my head so often, your post must have shook something loose in my already unstable mind :blink:

Thanks !

Pierre

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic