Updated a bit -MarkM -George Harrison's Isn't it a Pity - need help

MarkM

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:13 pm

wammer wrote:
Mark you have a pm :blush:

Tammy

Thanks Tammy. Got it. I sent you one back.

Mark

wammer

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:53 pm

Mark I figured out copy and paste if you want I could email a copy to you just let me know by PM

BobR

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:00 pm

Hi Mark,

Sounded pretty good considering first attempt and just you on acoustic. When I listened to George he gets all the added instruments as well. I tried looking for some Gprotab but no luck.

Good Job,

Bob

d_dog

Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:14 pm

Wow really great Mark, love that song! I think you're spot on with the chords, if not, you're are soooo close, I can't do any better. I think that D???? you're mentioning (xx2323) is actually an A7-9 or A7-9/E if you're strumming all the strings. Anyone confirm this?
Nice job man! Can't wait to hear the vocals. I am going to have to go buy this album now.

dennisg

Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:56 am

Sounds terrific, Mark. Your first attempts are often ridiculously good.

BobR

Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:51 am

Mark,

I found this link for the song. Might be worth a look. Even if not it's not a bad place to find other songs. Just wait for it to load.

songsterr.com/a/wa/song?id=36392

Good luck.

MarkM

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:29 am

Bob - Thanks. I'll check that out.

Damian - Maybe it's some form of a G chord?? Not sure. Anyway you should get the album. Great stuff. It was originally released as a triple album with the last one being an all out jam session. He's got quite the list of talent on there with him.

Dennis - Thank you. The problem is what I do with the song afterwards. It's all down hill from there. :laugh: :laugh:

MarkM

pbraun

Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:01 am

Mark,
I have an acoustic version of the recording but I am not sure how I would upload it to you. I usually get chords form Chordie.com there are two versions there but again I am not sure which chords George uses on the acoustic version. If you know of a way I could get the recording to you I would certainly try. This is another great song that George wrote, I think it is also on the Concert for George CD, but a bit more put together by all the band members, the one I have is George and a guitar, it is actually on the album Neil talked about on the daily update a while ago but I don't think its ever benn fully released.
Pete
Hope the wife and kids are better!

d_dog

Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:17 pm

BobR wrote:
Mark,

I found this link for the song. Might be worth a look. Even if not it's not a bad place to find other songs. Just wait for it to load.

songsterr.com/a/wa/song?id=36392

Good luck.
BobR, that Songsterr thing is really cool! Thanks for posting.

MarkM

Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:34 pm

d_dog wrote:
BobR wrote:
Mark,

http://www.songsterr.com/a/wa/song?id=36392

Good luck.
BobR, that Songsterr thing is really cool! Thanks for posting.

Thanks. Appointments today have postponed so I'm ah... not doing what I should and working on this song instead. I've managed to change it up a bit by adding a bunch of palm muting, hammerons and stum pattern changes. If I have some time I may try and record it for review. Much less boring this way. Certainly with only one guitar and no accompaniment.

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic