FIRE AND RAIN 2 - BUDDY

buddy

Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:52 pm

I tried to incorporate Neil's suggestions into this song and they really helped me a lot to move it along.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Bud

neverfoundthetime

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:38 am

Buddy you are really getting into that wonderful song. Sounded much more relaxed with better timing this time around. I'd love to hear that played with the same relaxedness with all of the guitar playing smoothed out and perfected. That could become a killer song for you as you sing it beautifully. When it does, I'd like to hear it again.

AcousticAl

Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:18 am

Hey Buddy,

Sorry- I missed this til now. The intro sounds much better! You can tell you've tweaked it.

It was also much more pleasing to my ear. You've backed off on the vocals a bit, and your voice blends with the guitar better.

Well done.

MarkM

Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:54 am

Bud,

That was the best video I've seen from you so far. GREAT JOB. Book yourself into the coffehouse with that one. Apart from getting all the notes down you really eased off on the attack and played so smooth on this one. I agree with the rest as well that you softened your singing a bit to match the texture of the song. Fantastic job Bud. I don't have any pointers as that looked as close to the original as I could tell.

MarkM

rapsidy

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:23 am

Hi buddy

I must have a look at your original version, that sounded great though, enjoyed it the singing sounded great. Any reason you shot it in the kitchen :) that area reminds me of work not somewhere to relax and play music.

great job though

Brad

BobR

Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:25 am

Buddy,

No comments other than I enjoyed this version. Very nicely done.

Bob

jayswett

Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:54 am

Your best video yet, with the exception of Bring on the Wonder. I'm still waiting for your duet with her on that!

buddy

Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:12 pm

Thanks to all for the feedback and comments.

Brad, I moved to the kitchen for this one because it is all tile in this area and the acoustics are much better. Not only that but the beer is much closer at hand.

I am finding that it makes a big difference in the recording quality when I balance the guitar with the amp and the vocals. Thanks to all for the detailed feedback on that as it has really helped me out a lot with some of the technical aspects.

Take care,

Bud

dennisg

Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:12 pm

Gosh, Buddy, that was just gorgeous. Great playing and terrific singing. You have a nice, manageable vibrato quality in your voice.

Lavallee

Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:24 pm

Buddy, this is a very good video. I agree with the others about the balance between the guitar and your voice. It sounds as if you were playing for yourself, without pressure.

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic