Response to 4 + 20 by Scott

TGNeil

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:23 pm

This is my first video post and on top of that it's the first song I've ever learned to fingerpick. I was planning on posting something I was more comfortable with first but this ended up being the one I got filmed first so what the hey! I've been working on this for a few weeks and considering where I started with this I feel pretty good about it. Not perfect by any means but I hope not bad! I would like to move on to some other fingerpicking songs now and would like to get some feedback on this. Any tips y'all have for me regarding anything that doesn't look or sound right would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

scotta

Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:35 pm

Hey Neil,

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my video. I really appreciate it.

I went back and watched it and I see exactly what you mean about hanging on to the chords a little too long. That's something I will be working on.
Also, the last part of the section on the 10th and 12th frets before moving back to the 3rd fret-- I thought that something wasn't quite right there but I couldn't put my finger on exactly what it was. Now I see why it didn't sound just right. I'll try to get that cleaned up.

Thanks again,
Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic