Response to Isn't It A Pity

TGNeil

Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:47 pm

Many of you have probably seen the original post that MarkM put up on his great tune. As I started a response, I realized that I would just as soon make a real lesson out of this, especially when I started talking about George's solo acoustic demo version that I had on a set of recordings called 'The Get Back Sessions.' I will put the entire response in the TARGET area soon (it is only about 1 minute longer than this but there is some very cool info). The full lesson will be along next week...hopefully.

Neil

d_dog

Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:03 pm

This is Awesome! But where is the rest of it? Can't find it in the Target area...

68camaro

Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:54 pm

Where is it ????

TGMatt

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:03 pm

He said we will put it up...not it is put up..

When It is ready we will announce as always..

Cheers

MarkM

Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:49 pm

Neil,

Ah hah.......G diminished. That's the one!!! I think I was using the partial barre on the second fret for that but never thought of the full barre up the neck in the first 8 measures. Also I never thought to use that A7 with the pinky on the G. I'll have to try that out tomorrow. Thank you. Well I'm glad this song struck a "chord" with you. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Yeah I kill me sometimes........ Seriously, I love this album. I first heard it about 25 years ago and still think it is great. The "jam session" songs on the 3rd record was outstanding. From what I can remember there was a bunch of talent that was playing with him on this.

I must get my hands on those CD's that you mentioned. Great stuff. Well I look forward to part 2 of this. It looks like you are going to play what Georged used as a demo. Can't wait. Thanks for taking so much time on this review!!!

MarkM

68camaro

Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:16 am

Matt,
Actually the text at the end of the video implies
it is already part of the target program.
Regardless, I am anxious to see it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic