Response to Bella's Lullaby by Wrench

TGNeil

Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:17 pm

I just stepped into a corridor of the musical galaxy I never thought about. This video is still a little rough but it is not about playing guitar at all. It is about making music.

About a week ago, my wife asked me if I could play on guitar a piano piece she heard in a movie. The piece is Bela's Lullaby by Carter Burwell, and is both the score and a featured song in the movie Twilight. I found the piano music and tab for two guitars and solo guitar. I also found some YouTube solo guitar performances of the song, which very closely reflected the piano piece. My compliments to those players.

I had two problems with the song. First, I don't fingerpick yet, and second, I honestly thought the piano piece could have a little more body to it. So I started changing the music to accommodate some chords ringing under the melody with some hybrid-picking.

Well, about twenty sheets of standard notation and TAB all full of pencil scribbles, I find the motivation to enter this version into music software, and further develop it by applying some Acoustic Genius. Guitar Pro plays better than I do anyway.

I've been trying for a year to make a girl cry with a guitar. It worked. Every girl in wrench's house is crying - to stop playing it.

I tried to incorporate Neil's suggestions into this song and they really helped me a lot to move it along.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Bud
I just stepped into a corridor of the musical galaxy I never thought about. This video is still a little rough but it is not about playing guitar at all. It is about making music.

About a week ago, my wife asked me if I could play on guitar a piano piece she heard in a movie. The piece is Bela's Lullaby by Carter Burwell, and is both the score and a featured song in the movie Twilight. I found the piano music and tab for two guitars and solo guitar. I also found some YouTube solo guitar performances of the song, which very closely reflected the piano piece. My compliments to those players.

I had two problems with the song. First, I don't fingerpick yet, and second, I honestly thought the piano piece could have a little more body to it. So I started changing the music to accommodate some chords ringing under the melody with some hybrid-picking.

Well, about twenty sheets of standard notation and TAB all full of pencil scribbles, I find the motivation to enter this version into music software, and further develop it by applying some Acoustic Genius. Guitar Pro plays better than I do anyway.

I've been trying for a year to make a girl cry with a guitar. It worked. Every girl in wrench's house is crying - to stop playing it.

I tried to incorporate Neil's suggestions into this song and they really helped me a lot to move it along.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Bud