Hula Blues - By Beaker

beaker

Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:19 pm

Hello Neil and my fellow TG'ers.
Here is my posting of Hula Blues (warts & all), I found this quite tricky and it is by no means a 1st take. It has been fun though! If you have comments or advice, please post it. I value all of your input. Thanks, I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy everyone else's video's. Beaker.

michelew

Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:43 pm

Beaker - it looks like you've been working hard on that one. It's really coming together and I don't think it will be long until you've got it just where you want it. Those double hammer-ons look tricky - but, you seem to be doing just fine.

It's a fun song.

Thanks for the post. It was great.

Michele

tovo

Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:47 pm

Yep. I enjoyed listening as well. No advice on that one, I'll wait for the man I think. Nice Larrivee (I think?) Sounds beautiful. Thanks for posting this one Beaker.

Craig

Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:53 pm

Great job Beaker on a song that is not easy at all. I enjoyed it and can tell that you are enjoying learning it as well. Keep up the good work!
Craig

jayswett

Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:43 am

Not hard to see why you found that tricky. With the exception of a hesitation or two, it sounded very good, although I admittedly do not know that piece. Just a matter of putting in another or two, and you should have that one licked.

neverfoundthetime

Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:51 am

Nice job Beaker! Let's sit back and see what Neil says... and we'll all learn something from it.

dennisg

Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:11 am

Beak,

What a happy little tune that is -- and extremely well played. A couple of timing issues, but nothing you can't easily fix with a few more practices. Congratulations!

izzyhara

Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:11 am

That was totally cool !! I wasn't attracted to that song until I heard/saw you play it. It looks like fun. Just practice now to smooth it out - it's pretty much there !! Funny how no one offers much advice anymore now that Neil is so present.
My only other comment - you have the longest thumb on your left hand !! It pops up a few times. I loved it - I video myself a lot (don't necessarily submit them) and watch for hand positions on myself. I don't feel like I have a death grip on the neck, but I have played for so long with my thumb so present - something I am working on.
This was really fun. Thanks for sharing.... Izzy

buddy

Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:31 am

Beaker,

Good job on that one, I can tell you put some hard work into it. That is a cool little tune.

Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic