Temo44 - Final Fantasy 7 Main Theme Guitar version

temo44

Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:02 am

First of all I want to thank Neil for the video reaction on my stairway to heaven video. It really was a little dream that the one and only would react on one of my practices :blush: .

So that said, I'm practicing on a song that I watched when I was little younger(about 14 years old). A song that I thought I could never even TRY to play, so 'difficult' it was for my ears...haha :blush: . But now I'm trying to play it and this is just after 4 days of practicing the intro of the song. I'll post the original vid of my 'icon' and my practicing. It's a little bit slower.

Comments are welcome :) . Oh and the song is from a computer game named Final Fantasy 7, wich is one of the best japanese games of all time imho.

The real deal:

My deal:

P.S: something is wrong with my mic I think....

neverfoundthetime

Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:24 am

Hi Temo, you are making great progress and your left hand seems to be moving well. Can you upload your video's to the TG students channel at youtube? That's where you need to park them. The link on where and how to do that I placed in my comment to your last video.
Keep it up!

temo44

Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:45 am

:) Uhm, I uploaded it at the target account, so I think I parked it ok, but thanks for the notice and reply!

neverfoundthetime

Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:47 am

Hi Temo... yes now it is parked correctly and appears in the window correctly.... before it was just text. Good work! Chris

izzyhara

Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:37 am

Temo - This is really a cool and beautiful song. And you are totally getting it down. I love it that you are attempting something that, at one time, you didn't think you would ever be capable of. That's the beauty of what we do here. I'm a HUGE gamer, but never did get involved in the Final Fantasy stuff - there is beautiful music everywhere, eh? I might try to learn this one myself.... did you tab it out, or is this just by ear? Izzy

temo44

Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:41 am

@izzyhara No I got the tabs of the song. I'll try to PM it to you if that's possible. And thanks for the kind reply :).

Good thing about the Final Fantasy stuff is that the music is always beautiful... I'll keep practicing(practising?) this one till I get the whole song done!

Is there btw a way to connect my amplifier to the pc? I don't know if that's possible...

Lavallee

Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:44 am

Hi Temo, great work in progress. It seems that Stairway to Heaven did some very positive effects: your bar chords looks very solid, even when you make the transition from the short bar to the normal bar to one string. It looks quite fluid. Also noticed that you only look at your left hand: trusting your right hand position is big step in finger picking. You have practice your fingers in home position and it shows.

It is going well for you

Marc

dekotaj

Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:55 am

Hey Temo,

Sounds good.Looks like your really starting to enjoy your guitar playing.Not sure I know the song,But it has a great flow to it.So Bravo!!,and keep them coning.

Kevin

temo44

Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:02 am

Hi Marc,

Thank you! I never imagined using bar chords that easily.. And somehow only looking at my left hand is because it's so hard for me to pull this off :blush: .

The part that you said from a little bar to a full bar is the hardest thing for me in the intro:
E E E E E E E E
|--3-----1-----------------|
|-----1--------1-----3-----|
|-----------2-----2-----2--|
|--3-----------------------|
|--------------------------|
|--------------1-----------|

It took me three evenings to pull this off. from the double 3 + little bar -> letting pinky go -> putting the pointer finger to the 2 -> making a full bar -> putting the pinky on 3 -> to a C chord... pfoeh! But when I finally got it, it sounds so good :)

Lavallee

Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:34 am

Hi Temo, looking at you left hand is what you should do (unless you know the song inside out and can play it with you eyes closed). If it only takes three evenings to do complicated things, you will learn quickly

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic