LUCKY MAN

buddy

Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:43 pm

Heard this song on the radio last week and I knew I had to give it a shot. The haunting lyrics and melody really made me fall in love with it.

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

Bud

takhak

Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:11 pm

Buddy,
another one well done. you have the voice to really sell this song.
a little easier on the verses and then power up on the chorus.
try just plucking 432123 inthe last verse then strum and sing the
chorus after" he died" hope this helps
Jim

willem

Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:14 pm

hey lucky Buddy,,one suggestion,,is it oh or ''oe a lucky man he was'' just he suggest..

jayswett

Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:04 pm

Guitar playing was solid as usual. Regarding the singing, I would suggest a less abrupt transition from mellow singing to belting it out. I was caught by surprise the first time, and again the second time. Overall, though, I enjoyed it.

michelew

Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:42 pm

Very nice playing Buddy - smooth and consistent. I'm with Jay on the transition.

Good job.

Michele

MarkM

Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:17 pm

Bud,

You've got the chords and vocals down real well. I agree with Jay on the transition. The only comment/suggestion on the playing would be to lighten up on the pick a bit. I believe you are plugged in so there won't be any issue hearing the strumming. It just sounded a bit on the hard side. I have this same issue from time to time and it helps me to concentrate on holding my pick much lighter and then tightening it up a bit if I have to play a run or flatpick some notes. Other than that I thought this was really very good. I've always liked this song. Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

tovo

Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:18 pm

Bud I think you need more work on the tune, but don't we all? I have the same comment on the singing that I have made before. You have such a strong voice that I don't feel you need to belt it out, mellow it out would be my advice and it will sound better. Think crooner not rocker. I really don't think you need a mic, your voice will carry just fine without it.

Cheers mate.

BobR

Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:37 pm

Bud,

You seem to have the guitar part down pretty good. I agree with the others on the transition. I guess sometimes less is better.

Just my 2 cents

Bob

buddy

Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:53 pm

Jim. Willem, Jay, Michele, Mark, Tony and Bob,

(how is that for a long salutation) Thanks for the tips and the feedback. I will work on that transition as it is a very hard one to make because you are going up almost a full octave, and for me to sing that High I need some wind going through my chords. I think I am going to also try to add some picking to the intro and outro as Jim suggested.

As always your constructive feedback is appreciated,

Bud

Chasplaya

Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:13 am

Buddy,

I think like the others your guitar work is pretty good on this, as for the singing, whilst it would be difficult to copy Greg Lake, the guy (Jim) in the following You Tube does a credible version and his singing IMHO is very good and he would have octave problems, note he usually tunes his guitar down either a half or a whole step. Jim was a former professional musician in a CCR cover band now he does You Tube songs mostly and is worth checking out. I like him cos his voice is something I can relate to as he adjusts to fit his range. I also like he adds in the solo which very few covers do.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic