Paul Simon The Boxer

dekotaj

Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:17 pm

Hey everyone just got done checking out Niels lesson on Eric Clapton( Layla).WOW,It's just fantastic!!!Cant wait to get to some of the Clapton stuff.As soon as i get a little further a long on the mouthful I've already bit off.

I did this video to see how this new Kodak Zi8 works.(That Dennis and other use to get there great video.) Was going to redo it,Not in the center of the frame,But I'm having some problems with the software.Well I get it worked out some time.Fun traves picking song.Sure wish they would make something that would make me sound good singing. :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks for taking time to watch.

Kevin

Craig

Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:25 pm

Nice job Kevin! The alternating bass is very steady. Have you used the thumb pick often or is that new to you? I've been curious to give it a try, but don't have one as of yet. Keep up the great work, thanks for sharing.
Craig
P.S. I'm still using a 1980's cam-corder so can't help you out there... :(

dekotaj

Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:38 pm

Thanks Craig.The thumb pick happened when I tore off a piece of my thumb nail About a couple of years ago.Didn't want to stop playing.So thumb pick.If you try it get a bunch of different kinds to try.I use one with a real narrow and short stub sticking out.Thanks again,and good luck with it.

Kevin

RicksPick

Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:45 pm

Real sweet Kevin
Thank you

RicksPick

robw95

Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:34 am

Real nice stuff Kevin. The Boxer has always been a song that I have tried hard to learn but I have never quite got it down perfect. It is one of those songs that I just love playing even just for myself as it is such a great tune with great lyrics.

Keep up the good work. Rob

Lavallee

Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:31 am

Very nice Kevin, nice stready pattern. I like that you keep the beat with your right hand.

Good post

Marc

BigBear

Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:16 am

Kevin- outstanding Travis picking! Really nicely done! I was getting all excited during the intro to hear you sing it and then you chickened out!! lol!

It's okay, I can't say I blame you but I'll bet you sing just fine!

Where did you get the tab for that song? It sounded really accurate. I'd love to get the tab if it's available.

Anyway, great job and thanks for sharing the video with us! :laugh:

Cheers! :cheer:

neverfoundthetime

Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:46 am

Great playing Kevin! I get the feeling you could do that again, play all the way through and let some of the singers here add some vocals to it... what do you say? :)

How do you like that Koday 8iz? AcousticAl should get commission from Kodak... after he suggested it was a great camera, many of us bought one and love it!

michelew

Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:57 am

Fantastic Kevin!!! - really beautiful. There seems to be a problem with the camera though - it cut your head off.

I love your playing. But, you know that already. ANd anyone that is proficient with a thumb pick is a champion in my book.

I loved it!

Michele

willem

Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:20 am

Kevin,,when you put up a vid its alway's good and wish for me to be that good,,thanks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic