Paul Simon The Boxer

haoli25

Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:15 am

Another nice job Kevin. Like others have said, "The Boxer" has long been one of my all time favorites. Your fingerpicking is so strong that I think you coud also add the melody notes and a few hammer-ons (particularly on the Am) and have a very fine instrumental version of that song. Keep up the good work and thank you for posting your video.

Bill Image

MarkM

Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:03 am

Kevin,

That was really great!!! I too would like to see the TAB if you have it. That has to be one of my all time favorite songs and you just nailed the heck out of it. Oh and the camera did an awesome job.

MarkM

dennisg

Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:08 am

Our-freaking-standing, Kevin. Beautiful picking. I had to watch it a couple of times and force myself to stop singing so I could hear you clearly.

dekotaj

Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:56 am

Hey Rick.Thank for watching,And the kind words.

Rob,Thanks,and your right,a song a guy(or gal)can set down with and enjoy the hack out of.

Marc,Thank you sir.And have a happy Easter weekend.

Big bear,Happy Easter weekend to you.Thank you for your kind words,But no cant sing,man sure wish i could sing like Dennis or Chris.About the tab Ill find it and then P.M.you.

Chris Sure would love to have you sing it.Let me know when your done with Elton John.And I hope Al makes a million on The Zi8.What a great find.Thanks Al!!

Michelew,Thank you for watching.Sometimes life would work a lot better for me if I could walk around with my head cut off.Lisa think it would help me keep my big mouth shut.(NA!)

Willem,Thank you my friend.I'm glad you liked it.Hope this is OK to ask,have you heard from Anton.Hope life is going good for him???

Mr.Bill,Thank you.I wish I was that good of a guitarist to do what you suggest.I'm kind of hopping hanging with Neil and you folks I can become that guitarist.

Mark,thank you sir.And when I find it and PM bear I will you also.Honestly Chris ask a long time ago to PM him,And I was to embarrass to tell him I didn't No what he was talking about.But I get it now.But what dose LOL stand for sure ant(lots of love)is it??

Dennis my friend Thank you sir.And I'm still waiting on you and Jammie to do us another song.Love the look of the T-3.When I start looking at electrics I check those out.

jayswett

Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:09 am

Glad to see some Simon and Garfunkle as a student video. I'd have guessed that they would have appeared long before they did. The Dangling Conversation is another Simon and Garfunkle song that I think you would play incredibly well.

Regarding this performance, you play it beautifully on the guitar and would almost complete the effort with some vocals. I think you should give it a try. Also, the guitar solo bit would be easy for you to learn and that, along with the vocals, would make this a gem indeed.

mcfingers

Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:43 pm

Kevin, You did a really nice job with that song. It's a song I have loved and played for a long time too. I was just about to put up a video of that song myself. But now, I don't know. A friend and I used to play and sing that song for hours on end back when we were kids. It's a classic for sure.

Well done,
Steve

dekotaj

Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:14 pm

Thank you Jay.I thank everyone for the singing thing But I have no doubt I'm not a singer.I no this for a fact,But I do make family add friends suffer though it SOMETIMES.Hope to add a solo part some time.Just one of those getting my ducks in a row thing.

Steve,Happy Easter weekend.And theirs nothing I would enjoy more than to here you do this song.PLEASE post it so I cant feed off what you do with it.

Kevin

BobR

Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:09 pm

Kevin,

Really good job on a great song. The picking was very clean and precise.

Thanks for posting

Bob

dekotaj

Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:58 pm

Thanks for watching Bob,Glad you liked it.

izzyhara

Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:07 pm

I have always loved this song, and you did it proud !!! Great job - a joy to listen to. Very steady picking. And don't let Michele hassle you.... I cut the head off most of my videos, but it is completely by design. Love those little cameras - the picture is so good. Izzy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic